Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Trail rail as the oem factory rail I have on mine? Or do I have to install their own trail rail system? That’s what they were trying to tell me I had to use theirs. But that seemed counter intuitive to me.
My understanding is most of these things use the factory rail option.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Trail rail as the oem factory rail I have on mine? Or do I have to install their own trail rail system? That’s what they were trying to tell me I had to use theirs. But that seemed counter intuitive to me.
it works with the factory rail system just fine.

Cianalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport MaxTow
As far as I can tell, it'll attach to the OEM trail-rail. I've got l-track in since it was cheaper, so that's not something I can test.

You do clamp a rail-esque system down that the bows slide into, and that's needed for the tonneau cover, so maybe that's where the miscommunication happened.

spyder721

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku
There is a person on Facebook selling a bestop softopper. Did they ever ship? Or is this for another truck and our on the gladiator?

DD1516EC-73FC-4D20-8F20-30803046E97D.jpeg

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland, 2011 e93M3
There is a person on Facebook selling a bestop softopper. Did they ever ship? Or is this for another truck and our on the gladiator?

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed DD1516EC-73FC-4D20-8F20-30803046E97D
That truck doesn't even have a rear tag. Weird. I hope they are shipping though. If I don't get at least an answer in the next few days I'm going to have to cancel mine and find another option.

Sponsored

spyder721

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku
Cool glad to hear you got yours. I think I will try and wait for the twill.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Just an update - finally got shipping confirmation yesterday; mine will arrive in 5 days (black diamond not twill as I wanted it to match my standard soft top).

Sponsored

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update - finally got shipping confirmation yesterday; mine will arrive in 5 days (black diamond not twill as I wanted it to match my standard soft top).
Got my tracking as well. I have the twill sunrider so I wanted it to match too, but I'll probably only leave the truck top on during the summer for trips and then put my twill tonneau back on for the winter.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Mine finally arrived!

Original order was April 26, I received the tonneau cover within a few days... After several calls to ask about ship date I was repeatedly told "hopefully soon" with no definitive answers.

When I called in mid-June to ask for an update due to a 15 day trip scheduled starting June 30 I was told they are expecting inventory to arrive around early July and shipping by mid-July.

Then on July 9 I got an email from Bestop about "Order cancellation" :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
The email stated that my payment information has automatically been deleted as a security precaution. (Card isn't charged until the order ships)
The next steps were to re-order and insert a promo code, I did this all same day on July 9.

Strangely I did not receive any shipping notification however here we are on July 15 and it's finally here!

Now that my trip is over I'm debating whether I actually want to use it or just wait for the twill version
🤷‍♂️

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine finally arrived!

Original order was April 26, I received the tonneau cover within a few days... After several calls to ask about ship date I was repeatedly told "hopefully soon" with no definitive answers.

When I called in mid-June to ask for an update due to a 15 day trip scheduled starting June 30 I was told they are expecting inventory to arrive around early July and shipping by mid-July.

Then on July 9 I got an email from Bestop about "Order cancellation" :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
The email stated that my payment information has automatically been deleted as a security precaution. (Card isn't charged until the order ships)
The next steps were to re-order and insert a promo code, I did this all same day on July 9.

Strangely I did not receive any shipping notification however here we are on July 15 and it's finally here!

Now that my trip is over I'm debating whether I actually want to use it or just wait for the twill version
🤷‍♂️
Yeah if you missed having it for your trip then you might as well just wait for the twill.....but who knows how long that wait will be. I have to imagine the twill will be a little tougher to install since it doesn't stretch as much as the diamond vinyl or whatever it is. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
So I've had my top for about a week, and I can share my preliminary thoughts:

1. Absolutely love the concept ... and I usually love Bestop products
2. My particular top was lacking in QC - the connections for the subframe were not usable as delivered, I had to file down the powder coat on all but one in order for the pieces to actually fit; one snap is completely missing; some snaps are off just a bit, but the snaps for the side curtains to roll up are so far off that the fabric is extremely stretched to make the fit
3. The top works ok on perfect paved roads (even then, the back window comes loose from the tailgate bar) ... the back window and both sides come loose 100% of the time if I go on a gravel road, much less if I actually go off-road (water intrusion happens in the rain)

To Bestop's credit, when I reached out, they immediately accepted responsibility and offered to send a new top out. The rep told me to use the one I've got until the new one arrives and then swap out and send the original one back. I'll update in August when the new one arrives and hopefully the problems are fixed. Meanwhile I could not recommend it for anyone needing gear to actually remain dry inside. Part of the problem I see is that the sides are fixed length rails...and yet the rails seem to be too short by about an inch or more which means the top is not as tight as it should be. Again, certainly possible this was a fluke and the new one will put my concerns to rest.

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've had my top for about a week, and I can share my preliminary thoughts:

1. Absolutely love the concept ... and I usually love Bestop products
2. My particular top was lacking in QC - the connections for the subframe were not usable as delivered, I had to file down the powder coat on all but one in order for the pieces to actually fit; one snap is completely missing; some snaps are off just a bit, but the snaps for the side curtains to roll up are so far off that the fabric is extremely stretched to make the fit
3. The top works ok on perfect paved roads (even then, the back window comes loose from the tailgate bar) ... the back window and both sides come loose 100% of the time if I go on a gravel road, much less if I actually go off-road (water intrusion happens in the rain)

To Bestop's credit, when I reached out, they immediately accepted responsibility and offered to send a new top out. The rep told me to use the one I've got until the new one arrives and then swap out and send the original one back. I'll update in August when the new one arrives and hopefully the problems are fixed. Meanwhile I could not recommend it for anyone needing gear to actually remain dry inside. Part of the problem I see is that the sides are fixed length rails...and yet the rails seem to be too short by about an inch or more which means the top is not as tight as it should be. Again, certainly possible this was a fluke and the new one will put my concerns to rest.

I had your #2 issue as well. The holes where the frame clicks together still had metal shavings in them and needed to be filed down. It was an easy fix, but I shouldn't have had to do it. In the heat it does seem to expand a little and the rear window comes loose if you don't have the whole thing on very tight and all snaps in place properly. Luckily I'm just using this for luggage purposes and won't need it for gravel/bumpy roads. I'll go back to my tonneau for that.
Sponsored