Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I had your #2 issue as well. The holes where the frame clicks together still had metal shavings in them and needed to be filed down. It was an easy fix, but I shouldn't have had to do it. In the heat it does seem to expand a little and the rear window comes loose if you don't have the whole thing on very tight and all snaps in place properly. Luckily I'm just using this for luggage purposes and won't need it for gravel/bumpy roads. I'll go back to my tonneau for that.
I agree, filing down the metal connectors isn't a big deal, and thankfully once done, the connections all worked fine (but given the price point it's also something I don't expect to have to do in order to install it).

It sounds like only your back window is coming loose? If the sides would stay put, I could live with the back window not being sealed...but I need at least some portion of it to remain sealed off in order to stack my gear without it getting wet. I tried pushing my side rails out further on the bed sides, but there's only so far you can push them while still leaving enough material to lock in the front and rear window bars. Really hoping the replacement will fix it as I love the idea/look/etc. just not the end result.
Sponsored

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland, 2011 e93M3
I agree, filing down the metal connectors isn't a big deal, and thankfully once done, the connections all worked fine (but given the price point it's also something I don't expect to have to do in order to install it).

It sounds like only your back window is coming loose? If the sides would stay put, I could live with the back window not being sealed...but I need at least some portion of it to remain sealed off in order to stack my gear without it getting wet. I tried pushing my side rails out further on the bed sides, but there's only so far you can push them while still leaving enough material to lock in the front and rear window bars. Really hoping the replacement will fix it as I love the idea/look/etc. just not the end result.
I've had zero issues with the sides so far. I wonder what is causing your issue. Almost sounds like the fabric is stretched too much and is now too loose.

Soyanarchisto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Paralegal
Sounds like this was rushed into production. Disappointing as I was hoping this would be a good solution for me.

Sponsored

minimight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Beyond frustrated and disappointed for sure. Ended up cancelling my order. I ordered towards the end of May and the updates all said end of July. Last week I asked if I should cancel through my distributor and order through them since it looked like there was at least one other person that had luck getting one quick right through Bestop and that I had my last trip of the season coming up on 8/1. I was told not to cancel anything and that all orders were being fulfilled this week so it would be tight but I could possibly get it on time. Another update earlier this week said now its mid-August. Decided that was enough and called again since vendors like Q-tech are putting on their site that new orders start shipping 8/6 (and the Bestop site shows no delay outside of their blanket statement at the top of the site). I was then told its end of August now. I understand that times are crazy but this still seems a little much.

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I ordered direct via the phone on July 8th and received like a week later...Supertop for Truck 2 with the tonneau tha goes along with it. I have yet to get it installed but no issues with ordering or arrival.

minimight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
That’s the frustrating part. I order with a distributor that has it drop shipping from Bestop and I can’t get it in two months but there is two examples here of order it through Bestop and you’ll get it in a week. But when I asked them directly they said not to order through them.

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I called first thing in the morning whenever they started taking calls.....If not you'll never get through it seems. But after I did she took my order and it shipped soon after.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Got mine installed this week. I did not run into the issues that @Happycoop or @busstees had regarding filing down the tabs where the frame connects.

So far after a couple 70 mph highway runs and then a couple passes across a dirt road and some cattle guards everything has stayed in place. I haven't flexed it out at all to see if anything would come loose.

I do believe there could be differences from one install to another depending on exactly where everything lays when you clamp the frame down to the bed.

Initial thoughts: It's really not bad so far. It doesn't look as clean as I would have hoped, the side windows have wrinkles no matter how much you stretch everything and the velcro doesn't seem to line up very well. The velcro at the tailgate is crooked on the left side but seems to be in the correct place on the right.
There's a small gap in the insulation at each edge of the tailgate that will certainly allow water in from a car wash or DIY wash (last picture)
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 2021-07-21 15.42.24
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 2021-07-21 15.42.39
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 2021-07-21 15.42.50
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 2021-07-21 15.43.03
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 2021-07-21 15.43.14
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 2021-07-21 15.43.30
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 2021-07-21 15.43.43

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So, this is more expensive than the Softopper, is hard to actually get apparently, is uglier than the Softopper, and doesn't have some of the options (like choice of rear panel, color, etc.).

So why should I buy this over the Softopper? (I'm currently trying to decide on some sort of bed cover and I'm looking at everything out there.)

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I am going to reserve judgement on the appearance until I can see the twill fabric. The vinyl is a cheaper material and looks so. I am hoping the twill doesn't have the wrinkles and conforms to the bows better.

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
So, this is more expensive than the Softopper, is hard to actually get apparently, is uglier than the Softopper, and doesn't have some of the options (like choice of rear panel, color, etc.).

So why should I buy this over the Softopper? (I'm currently trying to decide on some sort of bed cover and I'm looking at everything out there.)
I got the Bestop 2 because I didn't want to put Velcro on the tailgate.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J

The SofTopper's arms extend down into the bed area below the bed rail caps. It gets into storage space and can be damaged by heavy, bulky cargo if it shifts.
The Super Truck 2 has rails that mount on top of bed rails and the arms never go lower than the top of the bed rail caps.
The Super Truck 2 Black Twill, when released, will have a lifetime warranty on the fabric, Black Diamond and SofTopper do not offer this.

702Gladiator

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Electrcian
Do they make this in a material that matches the premium soft top?
Sponsored