First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
2 and a half month wait to be shorted on parts?
I would be a little more frustrated than you appear.
Okay I would be livid.šŸ˜¤
Especially how good it looks on your truck, very nice match.
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Advisor
Got my cover in 2 months ago and been having lots of problems with the sides coming loose on interstate and off-roading. Sent some pics in and was told I have some of the rails incorrectly installed but according to the instructions and pre installed parts everything should be good. Not sure what to do now. Any recommendations from anyone? Side panels donā€™t seem to line up right or anything.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Got my cover in 2 months ago and been having lots of problems with the sides coming loose on interstate and off-roading. Sent some pics in and was told I have some of the rails incorrectly installed but according to the instructions and pre installed parts everything should be good. Not sure what to do now. Any recommendations from anyone? Side panels donā€™t seem to line up right or anything.
Sent the pics to who? Bestop? Did they not specify which rails were wrong?
Go to Youtube and search for Bestop, there are a few decent videos their that may help solve your install issues.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Advisor
Sent the pics to who? Bestop? Did they not specify which rails were wrong?
Go to Youtube and search for Bestop, there are a few decent videos their that may help solve your install issues.
Yeah sorry should of clarified. I sent bestop the pictures of the outside of the top and the inside hardware. They said the left and right main rails are backwards. I installed them as the instructions said and videos I have checked they only go in one way with the pre installed lock clip and the tab that holds the main structure in the middle. I have attached the photo they said showed them they were wrong. They said the slot between the clamp and middle point should be at the front of the vehicle. Instead of the back, that would flip the connection points from the instructions though.

F0EBFBDF-1312-4D9A-8599-BD5FF4AE2DE7.jpeg

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah sorry should of clarified. I sent bestop the pictures of the outside of the top and the inside hardware. They said the left and right main rails are backwards. I installed them as the instructions said and videos I have checked they only go in one way with the pre installed lock clip and the tab that holds the main structure in the middle. I have attached the photo they said showed them they were wrong. They said the slot between the clamp and middle point should be at the front of the vehicle. Instead of the back, that would flip the connection points from the instructions though.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed F0EBFBDF-1312-4D9A-8599-BD5FF4AE2DE7
I have the same issue with mineā€¦ The sides flop open after a while on the interstate. What best I told you makes no sense because that little pole pin would be reversed and it wouldnā€™t installed correctlyā€¦ So thatā€™s a strange response from them for sure

Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Advisor
I have the same issue with mineā€¦ The sides flop open after a while on the interstate. What best I told you makes no sense because that little pole pin would be reversed and it wouldnā€™t installed correctlyā€¦ So thatā€™s a strange response from them for sure
Yeah doesnā€™t make a ton of sense to me either. Gonna call them back tomorrow. I did take the end pieces on the side rails and make sure they were out as far as I could and that tightened it some but not much. I also found that my side points that the frame attaches to weā€™re not lined up according to the directions both were off by 1ā€ on each side.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah doesnā€™t make a ton of sense to me either. Gonna call them back tomorrow. I did take the end pieces on the side rails and make sure they were out as far as I could and that tightened it some but not much. I also found that my side points that the frame attaches to weā€™re not lined up according to the directions both were off by 1ā€ on each side.
I only put mine on for camping, so ive sorta resigned my self that its likely operator error on my end as to why its not picture perfect and a super tight fit. It works for my purposes but if you happen upon a fix ill be interested to see. Also if you come up with a fix I can try it on my end and see if its a more universal fix, vs a just for you type of fix.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Advisor
Spoke with a gentleman on Tuesday in regard to the top, was supposed to hear back after he spoke with an engineer and he did confirm the rails are installed correctly. It is now Thursday and nothing yet. @Bestop hopefully something can be figured out soon. Of course I am out of the return period or I would consider it at this point.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Advisor
Finally got someone on the phone and they are sending me a new main section of the top (no windows) hopefully the new one will fit better.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got someone on the phone and they are sending me a new main section of the top (no windows) hopefully the new one will fit better.
Good to hear. Ill be calling them as well then

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Ordered twill version today from local retailer, said it was in stock at their warehouse. 2-3 weeks away. Will see about that.

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
If Iā€™m a betting man I say Dec to Jan is when youā€™ll get it. If itā€™s in stock why would it take 2-3 weeks? Bes seems to be poorly ran and ill equipped to handle their customer. This thread has more customer unsure, worried, confused, angry, upset then satisfied. That should be a BIG ole warning to anyone wanting this product! But hey for now itā€™s a free country! Enjoy!

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
If Iā€™m a betting man I say Dec to Jan is when youā€™ll get it. If itā€™s in stock why would it take 2-3 weeks? Bes seems to be poorly ran and ill equipped to handle their customer. This thread has more customer unsure, worried, confused, angry, upset then satisfied. That should be a BIG ole warning to anyone wanting this product! But hey for now itā€™s a free country! Enjoy!
First of all I did not order from Bestop directly. I wanted to use a local dealer for customer service/return ease. I ordered it from local Northridge 4x4 here in Canada. They had one in stock at their warehouse in Kentucky. So it will be on the next truck heading this way.
As for the confused angry people on this thread, yes thatā€™s apparent, but thatā€™s usually the nature of forums in general and unfortunately with supply/labor issues the norm for a lot of companies.
I researched the living crap out of what appears to be the only 2 soft top canopies available for the JT and took a swing at Bestop over its
sister company Softopper.
Glad you live in a ā€œfreeā€ country, Canada definitely isnā€™t.šŸ¤”

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
First of all I did not order from Bestop directly. I wanted to use a local dealer for customer service/return ease. I ordered it from local Northridge 4x4 here in Canada. They had one in stock at their warehouse in Kentucky. So it will be on the next truck heading this way.
As for the confused angry people on this thread, yes thatā€™s apparent, but thatā€™s usually the nature of forums in general and unfortunately with supply/labor issues the norm for a lot of companies.
I researched the living crap out of what appears to be the only 2 soft top canopies available for the JT and took a swing at Bestop over its
sister company Softopper.
Glad you live in a ā€œfreeā€ country, Canada definitely isnā€™t.šŸ¤”
Northridge has been pretty accurate with their inventory and shipping/delivery time, unlike some of the oher etailers in my experience so far this year.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Northridge has been pretty accurate with their inventory and shipping/delivery time, unlike some of the oher etailers in my experience so far this year.

appreciate that!

one thing to know on this case just so everybody is aware. we dont ship directly from the USA to customer in Canada. we do a transfer from our facilities once a week to our canada facility and then it ships from there. so between the shipping from USA- Canada and then Canada to the customer it takes around 2-3 weeks on items we have in stock in the USA and not in canada
Sponsored