spartacus777

First Name
Noch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator, maserati, tesla
Hello,
Has anyone purchased a bestop sunrider and installed on a gladiator with a light bar? I have mine installed but the wind noise when you get to about 40 mph and the rattling of the top is unbearable. Bestow was nice to send me another one but same issue. Any one experiencing such issues? Please see attached. Any pointers will be appreciated. Love the top but the wind noise and shaking of the top when over 40 mph makes is undesirable. See attached.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg
Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yes .... depending on how windy it is and the direction it will cause buffeting and flapping both closed and open.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Put the sun rider top on 2 weeks ago. No wind noise (other than expected) or flapping at all. I’m on the highway every day with both open and closed. Performs as desired. Sure it’s mounted correctly? If so it’s probably being caused by the airflow over the light bar. They make a lot of noise no matter what top you have.

OP
OP
spartacus777

spartacus777

First Name
Noch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator, maserati, tesla
Put the sun rider top on 2 weeks ago. No wind noise (other than expected) or flapping at all. I’m on the highway every day with both open and closed. Performs as desired. Sure it’s mounted correctly? If so it’s probably being caused by the airflow over the light bar. They make a lot of noise no matter what top you have.

Thanks for replying.. yes the light air flow is the problem. I ended up buying a second one so now I have another I am feeling

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It doesn't look like there is any vertical adjustment on that light bar mount, is there? A slight movement up or down can sometimes make a world of difference.

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I discovered this weekend that the flapping I experience is the lower most fold on the inside. When it starts to flap if I press upward from the inside at the center point the flapping stops.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Well known issue from both JK and JL users. Had a 50" Rigid on my JK. Tried moving it up down and even made some extended mounts. Tried covering fins to get rid of whistle. Liked the Bestop better than the lightbar so went to cowl lights.

Mitten2Mountains

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Hello,
Has anyone purchased a bestop sunrider and installed on a gladiator with a light bar? I have mine installed but the wind noise when you get to about 40 mph and the rattling of the top is unbearable. Bestow was nice to send me another one but same issue. Any one experiencing such issues? Please see attached. Any pointers will be appreciated. Love the top but the wind noise and shaking of the top when over 40 mph makes is undesirable. See attached.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Wind Noise IMG_0161

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Wind Noise IMG_0161
No noise or issues on my SunriderHT.
Get rid of the Lightbar.
Its simple aerodynamics.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
I sold my 50" lightbar. Tried moving it higher, lower, out further, put spacers in the fins. Finally had to choose sunrider or lightbar.
Sponsored