Bestop won't honor their rebate

Slalom

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I bought a Bestop sunrider top from Amazon. Printed off the $100.00 rebate form and sent this in along with receipt and UPC barcode. Get a notice today saying that I didn't send in the correct barcode. I noticed a picture on the rebate form of what the barcode would look like on the box and I searched everywhere and that was the only barcode on the box but it didn't look exactly like the picture. I love the top but this is total chicken .... on their part and really a shame.
Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Have you discussed this directly with Bestop before posting here?

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I bought a Bestop sunrider top from Amazon. Printed off the $100.00 rebate form and sent this in along with receipt and UPC barcode. Get a notice today saying that I didn't send in the correct barcode. I noticed a picture on the rebate form of what the barcode would look like on the box and I searched everywhere and that was the only barcode on the box but it didn't look exactly like the picture. I love the top but this is total chicken .... on their part and really a shame.
The box should contain a label that looks like this (attached). That's what they want. Can you post a photo of what you sent in? Regardless if you can show enough proof of purchase, I expect and hope Bestop will honor the discount. The Bestop rep(s) here on the forum are responsive and helpful in my experience (I had my own questions/issue with the rebate process, pending). I'd just encourage you to be reasonable (not accusational) with them. Please keep us posted. I have no affiliation with them but love this product and have also bought a soft top for '06 JKU in the past and that top is still going strong, even when installed 365/24/7 in New England (with winters!) I have faith in @Bestop customer support. Also worth noting, from what I understand the rebate process is handled by an outside vendor, not Bestop itself.

bestop_barcode.jpg

Last edited:

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Just give our customer service team a call, and they should be able to help you. This kind of thing happens all the time. We work with a company that processes our rebates, and sometimes they get rejected for some reason. As long as you can show proof of purchase, the customer service team should be able to take care of you.

Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday. The team is off today, so give them a call on Monday.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
Slalom

Slalom

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just give our customer service team a call, and they should be able to help you. This kind of thing happens all the time. We work with a company that processes our rebates, and sometimes they get rejected for some reason. As long as you can show proof of purchase, the customer service team should be able to take care of you.

Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday. The team is off today, so give them a call on Monday.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks, I sent them an email earlier this morning with a screenshot of the invoice from Amazon. Thanks for following up. I am not one that typically starts a thread to bash a company without actually making an effort to contact them. It was just a reaction when I got the letter, appreciate all your help.

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
Thanks, I sent them an email earlier this morning with a screenshot of the invoice from Amazon. Thanks for following up. I am not one that typically starts a thread to bash a company without actually making an effort to contact them. It was just a reaction when I got the letter, appreciate all your help.
Except that's exactly what you did. You put in very minimal effort (email and not even giving it anywhere near 24 hours is basically no effort) to look into this and then start a thread bashing a company. I have no affiliation, but people whining about customer service when they do nothing to work with the company is getting tiresome. Bestop has a great reputation. It's unnecessary threads like this that drag company's through the mud for no reason. If your purchase is legit, I'm sure you will get your rebate. I think it's only fair that you issue an apology once you get said rebate.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Maybe just change the title of this thread to - “be sure to send Bestop the right barcode label”

Deisher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I'm expecting the same email. Mine also came from Amazon and they covered up the label I needed with a different sticker. I called Bestop and asked about it before sending in. They said if I get rejected to call them back and they would approve. I also added note to the submission saying "hold up to light and you can see the requested label". Mine says still processing. It's been 8 weeks.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Fair warning... There are lots of threads on here about people getting rebates rejected, whether it's because of an "updated" model number, or rapidly changing lists of what models are covered at the exact time you send it in, etc.
I bought specifically with the idea that I was getting a rebate, and long story short was recently rejected because the twill model sunrider I bought wasn't specifically listed under the rebate I used from June, but the diamond was. Nowhere was this explicitly said in print. Northridge (which I've had good experience with so far) had the rebate form linked to all the sunriders.

So after a few messages back and forth here expecting it to be resolved as some have (calling Bestop was a total waste of time and got no call back either) I instead got brushed off that it wasn't covered.
To me this is deceptive. I don't think we as consumers should play cat and mouse what model number on a list is covered or not covered week to week.
Sure, I'll take responsibility that I didn't think to check the exact model number was listed on the rebate because it was already advertised.
So I feel kind of suckered.
There are plenty of threads on here about not great experiences with Bestop, so buyer beware. I would approach it expecting to pay full price, and if you're happy with that and don't mind a rebate being denied, then go for it.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
This is meant to be helpful to people like me who look to purchase a product that is being advertised with a rebate, only to discover later that doesn't stand.
It was not obvious that "twill is excluded" at the time. That's my point. And there are lots of examples on here about bestop rebates. Not many other companies. An opposite response was when I called @Quadratec and they sent a second set of door sill guards, no questions asked. Thank You!

So as I said, FAIR WARNING to others that bestop may not honor their rebate, as the thread title notes.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
It was not obvious that "twill is excluded" at the time. That's my point.
Sure it was. Models are clearly listed on page two of the rebate form.

Did you not read the form?

I did...and passed on the twill because it was clearly not part of the rebate. I got the diamond.
Sponsored