Bird Crap

Atomicat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ and 20 JT
Has anyone else had birds roosting on the mirrors and covering the doors in crap. I ended up putting plastic shopping bags over the mirrors and wipers, so far so good.
Sponsored

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Yep. And worse. Had my Sunrider open one afternoon and one roosted on the windshield and crapped on the passenger floor.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I bought some of the bird deterrents off of Amazon that I hung up around the truck, and they seem to help. Shiny objects and jingling bells help keep them away.

OP
OP

Atomicat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ and 20 JT
Wierd part is...there are two other vehicles in the driveway completely free of bird dirt.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wierd part is...there are two other vehicles in the driveway completely free of bird dirt.
It all depends on the environment. We have overhead utility lines, and lots of trees. The lines run from the corner of the house over top of where the truck is parked. I hung a couple of the reflectors from the phone line, and a hawk from the edge of the house. I also set a hawk on the porch roof, and put up an owl further up the driveway. We have lots of birds in the trees, but don't see them very often in the driveway anymore.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
It all depends on the environment. We have overhead utility lines, and lots of trees. The lines run from the corner of the house over top of where the truck is parked. I hung a couple of the reflectors from the phone line, and a hawk from the edge of the house. I also set a hawk on the porch roof, and put up an owl further up the driveway. We have lots of birds in the trees, but don't see them very often in the driveway anymore.
I have a power line over my driveway too - with the same results unfortunately. Please post some pics of how you arranged your deterrents. Thx!

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
first day riding with the freedom tops off last year, had a bird shit right in the center of my JTops sunscreen

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Birds of prey eyeballing your groundhog?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a power line over my driveway too - with the same results unfortunately. Please post some pics of how you arranged your deterrents. Thx!
Here's a couple pictures I snapped this afternoon. I used zip ties to create a loop around the coax line, and then attached the reflective owl to that. I have a string attached to the bottom so I can control where they sit. I have one to replace that got broken during a bad wind storm. I put these up last July after I got the truck.

20200331_121436.jpg
20200331_121457.jpg
20200331_121523.jpg
Sponsored