Sponsored

Assholes giving the bird

Jackpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Considering the JT would not exist if Wrangler owners had not been wanting this version for years it’s kind of an interesting issue. Although anecdotal, it would seem 80% or more of the JT owners currently or previously owned a Wrangler. so just wave away at everyone…those who don’t wave either don’t see you or are going to feel like an ass when you stop to help them out when they need assistance, because regardless we will help, it’s what we do:).

haters gonna hate
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Considering the JT would not exist if Wrangler owners had not been wanting this version for years it’s kind of an interesting issue. Although anecdotal, it would seem 80% or more of the JT owners currently or previously owned a Wrangler.
haters gonna hate
Ain't that the truth. I got the JT because I wanted another wrangler, but I also wanted a truck.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
Every open top Jeep is a real Jeep.

Except JKs. They are trash.

Came out with the 3.8 engine and awful 5 speed
plastic fenders
2 wheel drive offered for max stupidity
Interior from a PT Cruiser
Stupid soft top design

The JL was a huge relief when it came out and is certainly the best Jeep made to date. JK crowd is full of mall crawlers with angry grills and chinese made accessories from Amazon

Last edited:

Sponsored

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette

plastic fenders
Stupid soft top design

The JL was a huge relief when it came out and is certainly the best Jeep made to date. JK crowd is full of mall crawlers with angry grills and chinese made accessories from Amazon
LOL. I got banned from my local jeep FB group for saying pretty much that ~8 years ago.

But I thought the JK was great. I've had everything from CJ7 up, and each new model is always an improvement, and then the people that own the old ones say how the new ones aren't real Jeeps., blah blah blah.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
LOL. I got banned from my local jeep FB group for saying pretty much that ~8 years ago.

But I thought the JK was great. I've had everything from CJ7 up, and each new model is always an improvement, and then the people that own the old ones say how the new ones aren't real Jeeps., blah blah blah.

I had Jeeps until the JK. I couldn't bring myself to buy one. I didn't come back until the JL/JT brought things back. I try to forget all about the JK.

I tried to convince myself a 2017 Sahara would be okay but test drove one, and even rented one for a week, trying to convince myself it was okay. Awful ride, awful performance, and everything about it felt cheap and lousy.

Years ago my coworker had a 2008 that she just droned on and on about. She took me out to lunch, didn't know how to lower the soft top, and then I noticed that hunk of garbage was 2 wheel drive. All of the downsides of driving the worst open top Jeep ever made, and none of the off-road ability. She finally traded it in after 60k miles when the engine was smoking.

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
I had Jeeps until the JK. I couldn't bring myself to buy one. I didn't come back until the JL/JT brought things back. I try to forget all about the JK.

I tried to convince myself a 2017 Sahara would be okay but test drove one, and even rented one for a week, trying to convince myself it was okay. Awful ride, awful performance, and everything about it felt cheap and lousy.

Years ago my coworker had a 2008 that she just droned on and on about. She took me out to lunch, didn't know how to lower the soft top, and then I noticed that hunk of garbage was 2 wheel drive. All of the downsides of driving the worst open top Jeep ever made, and none of the off-road ability. She finally traded it in after 60k miles when the engine was smoking.
I don't disagree but when my twins were born at least the JKU allowed me to even have a Jeep. I have fond memories that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

SouthTXJT

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave

I guess to me a jeep is a jeep is a jeep. Technically even those really ugly Compass ones are jeeps. When it comes to the purist, its a 2 door manual. But then there are those that say that only CJs are jeeps. Honesty, I'm just happy i own the JT even if people say, "it's not a real jeep and its not a real truck." Well, it has a bed and it says "Jeep" so to me, its a jeep and a truck. When it comes down to what it is to be a JEEP, its two solid axles and 4x4.

As for the wave, its mostly a miss for me. I still try but now rarely ever get one back so probably best to just stop all together for me.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I guess to me a jeep is a jeep is a jeep. Technically even those really ugly Compass ones are jeeps. When it comes to the purist, its a 2 door manual. But then there are those that say that only CJs are jeeps. Honesty, I'm just happy i own the JT even if people say, "it's not a real jeep and its not a real truck." Well, it has a bed and it says "Jeep" so to me, its a jeep and a truck. When it comes down to what it is to be a JEEP, its two solid axles and 4x4.

As for the wave, its mostly a miss for me. I still try but now rarely ever get one back so probably best to just stop all together for me.
Even a compass? Lol my kids call those things fake jeeps. My dad had one in the mid 2000s that thing was terrible.

SouthTXJT

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Even a compass? Lol my kids call those things fake jeeps. My dad had one in the mid 2000s that thing was terrible.
yea thought of the worst possible model, and it was a toss up between a compass and a patriot hahaha i guess point being, while ugly as hell, still a jeep.

I also bet you, somewhere out there, there's a person who will say that was their favorite car ever. Let them give you a reason cause i cant think of it.

Just look at the Gladiator. It gets A LOT of hate. But to me, my favorite model, especially cause I own one. Seems you either love or you hate the Gladiator.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
yea thought of the worst possible model, and it was a toss up between a compass and a patriot hahaha i guess point being, while ugly as hell, still a jeep.

I also bet you, somewhere out there, there's a person who will say that was their favorite car ever. Let them give you a reason cause i cant think of it.

Just look at the Gladiator. It gets A LOT of hate. But to me, my favorite model, especially cause I own one. Seems you either love or you hate the Gladiator.
maybe the new ones. But man was that old one bad, so many issues. I do know a purest or two that hates the JT

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs

plastic fenders
Stupid soft top design

We have a JKU Sahara (75th anniversary), but I like the interior. It's a 2016, so I think there was a mid-cycle update which cleaned up the interior. It also has factory metal bumpers and the same 3.6 we have in the JTs, 4wd, A hard top (would rather have a soft top), and a 6 speed. But yeah, when they came out I hated them too haha

IdyShawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator California, 21 BMW 850GSA
Occupation
Network Admin
I guess I’ll be that guy… I had the ugly 2007 4x4 Compass and I loved it. I’ve had an XJ, a YJ, the Compass, my Gladiator, and my wife has a TrailHawk Cherokee. I needed a family car and commuter at the time and wanted something American instead of a Subaru, plus I just like Jeep’s. I put 100,000 trouble free miles on it over 5 years and gave it to my dad who drove it until he totaled it. I think the only thing it ever needed was tie rod ends. I commuted through snow, took it camping, small game hunting in the mountain, and mountain biking all over the place and it did fine. Good little car. And my YJ was there when I needed to feel manly or if I got too comfortable.
Sponsored