First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator California, 21 BMW 850GSA
Occupation
Network Admin
I wave at any modded keep or stock JTs and Wranglers. I’ll also sometimes wave at modded Tacoma’s and that kind of thing. A lot of them wave back. Nobody’s ever flipped me off, that would suck. I ride motorcycles too and sometimes I forget I’m in a truck and wave at bikes.
Sponsored

AlxCZ

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Artist
I think the "wave" was stolen by the WAVE. (corporate marketing) So now some folks have lost a taste for a tradition that goes way back. Plus, there seems to be an ever increase in cynisism (sp?) in the world today. I say keep the tradition going, eventually the trend will become an exclusivity to all of us that wave, with the knowledge of where it comes from: camaradery. (sp?)

abnormal 4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
I have owned a Spanish motorcycle, a Fix It Again Tony sports car, Toyota pickup trucks out the wazoo, and various street bikes...I've been doing "the" wave so long I didn't know it was owned by one brand. Even now that I drive a Korean SUV, I wave to almost everyone that I make eye contact with...maybe full fledged animated parade wave, or just lifting my fingers off of the steering wheel as an acknowledgment that we have seen each other hoping we don't run into each other.
:)

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Starting an argument just takes away your defense to prosecution when you end up shooting them. Move on.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Yeah, some people are just idiots. I’m 48 and I’ve seen it since I was in kindergarten and our teacher tied a kid in his chair with his nap blanket, because he refused to stop getting out of his chair. I remember never liking him, so he really had it coming. Those were glorious days!

There have been many a day that I’ve thought about tying someone in their chair on the street, but unless I don’t have a way out, it’s not worth the waste of my time to fix their stupid.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I only wave to Jeep Compass drivers. I show my nipples to all other jeeps. It’s just how I roll. Not everyone appreciates it either. You gotta do you.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
Had a guy in a JK give me the finger when I waved today. I guess some people don't like the Gladiator and think it doesn't deserve the wave. I felt like turning around and giving him a lesson in manners, but I figured I would take the high road. Maybe I could have informed him that I had 2 JK's in the past that were a lot nice than his? Just felt like ranting. Have a great day.
I don't worry about stuff like that. Just accept that there are those types of people. Cj5 tj renegade jl j20 are my only Jeep experiences. They all have good and bad. Still wave at all!

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
As we get ready to go to Costco... I recall a guy who had because he thought we drove to close to him approach our vehicle and get in my wife's face... Wrong. She's a retired Lieutenant and once he got a look at the .45 she had in her hand he sheepishly walked away. People go all about their lives looking for trouble with people who they have no knowledge of, and on occasion it goes way bad for them. The world has gone bat shit crazy....... Considering the courts in California, it's better to warn them then than to react...... But, be prepared anyway......
My wife had a guy waiting to see the owner of the Gladiator in the parking lot of grocery store. Turned out he really liked the Jeep and wanted know her impression of it. He thought the RSI bed cap looked neat too.

Still kind of scary in a way.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I recently had a Wrangler driver give me a very clear "wave" as he approached in the other lane, and a month or so back another one - in the other two lanes coming from the other direction so he could easily see mine was a JT - he stuck his arm out the window and gave a clear wave.
But here in Iowa, most ignore you, and with a big percentage here being female drivers who don't seem to even pay attention to other vehicles unless they are in their way, we get few "waves".

Wageslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 GC Overland, '21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
I only wave to Jeep Compass drivers. I show my nipples to all other jeeps. It’s just how I roll. Not everyone appreciates it either. You gotta do you.
Glad the wife drives a Compass!

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
A taco rider gave me an unsolicited middle finger the other day. I don’t understand being mad at someone else for driving a car that they enjoy. You don’t have to like it, I get to! Lol
Sponsored