Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I wanted the black fenders for my sting-gray but could only find it with body color on the lots. I too was worried about chips and scratches but have found the paint on the plastic fenders more durable than it is on the body. The rears came with a 3M plastic covering on the frontside to protect. I still want the black fenders to match the black top I have though for the contrast as others have mentioned.
Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Gobi flares with black speckles. I mean after putting wider tires on it.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
you will not regret Black ones if you do any off roading or live/visit a place that puts sand on the road.
My black fenders are completely pitted and my hinges are/were sand blasted to the metal at around 15,000 miles. I repainted the hinges and then covered them with clear packing tape. Then two weeks ago did the Pinyon Mountain trail in S. Cali and scraped my passenger front fender a bit, but nothing a green scratch pad can't buff out. No way to do that with painted fenders. The painted fenders do look nice if you are a city slicker but not robust enough for off roading, from what I've seen, so I'm glad I went with black.

Sponsored

Cheef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
As others have stated already, I intentionally went with the black (flares and top) because I didn't want any more paint to care for and worry about than was necessary. The black also looks great and is way cheaper. If I could've found a hydro blue Rubicon with black flares and top I would've purchased it off the lot. I had to order instead because I could only find painted flares/tops. I just couldn't get past the markup to get painted, less practical flares--it just didn't make sense, at least for me.

Cromation

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner, 2011 F-150
Occupation
Cyber
I went with the black fenders myself. Any time I've seen leftover trail damage on a trail its someones fender that was scraped off. I figured I'd rather the cheaper fender get ripped off than the color matched fender as it would be cheaper to replace.

Sponsored

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
My Sport S has the matching body-colored fenders...but just recently (3 days ago) placed an order for the Rubi black-textured fender flares...only to find out they're on back-order until Aug 1st from Mopar.

sdtkeld

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave Sarge Green
Occupation
Grocery bagger
I think you’ll like it with the black top as it offers some contrast to the black soft top and silver body. Either way you can’t go wrong. I have a black top and black fenders and have zero regrets.