BLACK Gladiator JT Club

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
Just looking at these pictures made me smile. Fantastic.
I love the tailgate lettering. I'd do that on my Red LE in a second!

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club 32B7B776-AFA6-4D8A-A25E-6994E9EB18F6

Just picked it up from the shop. Metal cloak lift, 35 inch Mickey Thompson’s on 20 inch rhinos
[/QUO
How do you like the ride with the Metal Cloak lift and new wheels and tires? Is it the 3.5? I have the Metal Cloak lift sitting in my garage and can't wait to get it installed, just waiting on wheels.

Sponsored

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
Not sure if I shared a picture of mine in this thread.

Overland model. Rusty's 2" lift (2.5" F / 1.5" R - 1" of rake). 35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Icon Rebound wheels, (-6 offset).

IMG_2593.JPG

TD3

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara two door
Occupation
College baseball coach/retired police officer
Any opinions on the advanced safety group option those who have it and those who did not order it? Thanks

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
Any opinions on the advanced safety group option those who have it and those who did not order it? Thanks
i have the blind spot monitoring and the adaptive cruise control, etc. In heavy traffic it leaves too much gap between the car in front of you, so people just keep cutting in. So I rarely use it. The blind spot monitoring is nice but not a must have in my opinion.

I love the proximity keyless entry though.

Sponsored

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
Just picked up from shop today after getting 2” Mopar, Fuel Shoks, and 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers put on. This is the truck I wanted when I bought it a few months ago

AE2D531C-8AAA-4B68-8255-F34704D68059.jpeg

TD3

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara two door
Occupation
College baseball coach/retired police officer
i have the blind spot monitoring and the adaptive cruise control, etc. In heavy traffic it leaves too much gap between the car in front of you, so people just keep cutting in. So I rarely use it. The blind spot monitoring is nice but not a must have in my opinion.

I love the proximity keyless entry though.
Thanks for the reply, I am going from a two door wrangler to the Rubicon gladiator I was just wondering about the comfort level of maneuvering a much larger vehicle and the Blindspot monitoring etc. your experience is really helpful because the descriptions make it sound like they are the are the end-all.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I've used adaptive cruise control on longer trips when not in traffic or when dealing with very light traffic. It prioritizes the gap to the vehicle in front. So when someone takes that gap it immediately applies brakes to build the gap back and for overall traffic flow that's terrible. No one wants to ride behind a person that reactively hits the brakes. Slow is smooth. And adaptive cruise control is not smooth. In light traffic it's fine.

Blind spot monitoring on the Jeep is functional. It works as advertised. If you set up your mirrors correctly though, you won't have blind spots and I've been doing this for the past 18 years. So light or no light, I use and trust my mirrors. Stay aware of what's going on around me and watch for motorcycles and small vehicles.

Safety features are great. It's just important that we not fully rely on them. The amount of people that can't park without a rear camera is way too high. I don't want for lame changing as well.
Sponsored