Sponsored

Blank Rear Camera?

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
Last night, I started the truck, put it in reverse and NO image in the rear view camera.
I turned it off, then back on, and the same.

When I got home, I tried the shut off/start, and again no luck. Even hit the rear-vew app, and nothing (the zoom showed nothing either).

This morning, I put it into R, and the camera is back (I guess it needed time for the FOB to be away from the truck to reset??)

Anyone else have this happen? I just got the truck Saturday and only have about 140 miles on it.
Everything ELSE on the 8.4" seemed to work (at least the media, apps, and settings view -- I checked to see if I somehow turned OFF the backup camera).
Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
It's happened to a few people usually the shut down for a bit brings it back.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's happened to a few people usually the shut down for a bit brings it back.
I figured but it's a bit annoying that this happens on a brand new $50k truck

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
There is a button under the tuning knob to turn off the screen, but it doesn’t sound like you hit that by mistake.

MoparMadness

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Last night, I started the truck, put it in reverse and NO image in the rear view camera.

When I got home, I tried the shut off/start, and again no luck. Even hit the rear-vew app, and nothing (the zoom showed nothing either).

This morning, I put it into R, and the camera is back (I guess it needed time for the FOB to be away from the truck to reset??)

Anyone else have this happen? I just got the truck Saturday and only have about 140 miles on it.
Everything ELSE on the 8.4" seemed to work (at least the media, apps, and settings view -- I checked to see if I somehow turned OFF the backup camera).
Do you have factory sprayed bedliner? If so, there is a known concern. The factory had damaged some connectors during the process.

Sponsored

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399

It has happened rarely on both my Challengers AND once on my Gladiator.
Always corrects itself like you observed.
Dont sweat it.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have factory sprayed bedliner? If so, there is a known concern. The factory had damaged some connectors during the process.
Yes I do have the factory bedliner. DO you have any reference to this? I'd like to check and see if I can look at the connectors (or have my dealer do that).

MoparMadness

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I do have the factory bedliner. DO you have any reference to this? I'd like to check and see if I can look at the connectors (or have my dealer do that).
I saw it mentioned in some Master Technician training. Do you only see the guidelines? Bring it to your dealer and they can assist you.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw it mentioned in some Master Technician training. Do you only see the guidelines? Bring it to your dealer and they can assist you.
I saw NOTHING -- like a dark brown glow -- no lines, no view....

MoparMadness

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could be a different issue and even a software version. Recommendation is still request service at your next visit. Good luck.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I saw NOTHING -- like a dark brown glow -- no lines, no view....
That’s how it looks when you hit the screen off button.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s how it looks when you hit the screen off button.
Thanks -- I'll check for the button -- I haven't noticed it (just picked up the truck Saturday, so still playing/learning...)

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Had same problem on Ram 1500. Check connections and seal (water got in) worked for awhile then had to have camera replaced. Dealer did it under warranty. Believe Jeep uses the same camera and wiring as 1500. Easy fix tho.
Sponsored