First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
TV Director
So, interstate driving. Torrential rain. Noticed blind spot not functioning. Then intermittent. Then came on only when a car was alongside. (not behind). Ironically was driving to the dealership to pick up my plates. Have an appointment on 7/28. Will report back.
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Do you still have issues when it's not raining?

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
The sensor is in the side of the taillight. It is only going to sense a vehicle on the side of you, not behind you.

OP
OP
1STJ100

1STJ100

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
TV Director

JohnB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
USPS
Since the weather is getting colder noticed BSM is temporarily unavailable every time rear window defroster is on, made an appointment for the dealership to figure this out.

Sponsored

Navyrogue

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Since the weather is getting colder noticed BSM is temporarily unavailable every time rear window defroster is on, made an appointment for the dealership to figure this out.
Hey John,
I'm having this same exact issue...tried searching on the forums for similar issues and found lots of occurrences of blind spot monitoring temporarily not available, but not for the exact issue that I was having. Was the dealership able to figure it out? I've seen suggested solutions having to do with re-inserting the door connector, but I've also seen posts where the entire mirror was replaced.

Thanks,

Rich

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Same happened to me this morning, ironically when I was on the way to the dealer. It was cold here and I don't actually think I've used the rear window heater until now, anyway the blind spot monitoring immediately errored and the orange triangle was on, just on the passenger side.
I suspect that this is due to the door harness pins alignment , as the side mirrors are heated when the rear is turned on.
I mentioned it to the dealer for the list of items to look at.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I had a a door pin that was misaligned on the driver's door that was causing the error light on the passenger side mirror. The dealership found the problem when I mentioned the orange triangle showing up when remote starting.

K80ady

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Program manager
Sounds like a similar problem people are having once they remove the doors and re install them. the pins bevome misalign and cause blind spot errors and remote start as well. I have the same issue after reinstalling the doors.

JohnB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
USPS
Hey John,
I'm having this same exact issue...tried searching on the forums for similar issues and found lots of occurrences of blind spot monitoring temporarily not available, but not for the exact issue that I was having. Was the dealership able to figure it out? I've seen suggested solutions having to do with re-inserting the door connector, but I've also seen posts where the entire mirror was replaced.

Thanks,

Rich
It was the driver’s side door electrical connections. Someone more than likely at the dealership (I have yet to take them off) either had the door off or it came from the factory with a bent pin(s). The connection caused a short when the rear defroster came on and took out the BSM When I went for the first oil change and tire rotation I let the mechanic know the issue I was having, and he diagnosed the bent pin problem and I’m assuming just “unbent” it to make the proper connections. Everything is going great now especially with the Cold Weather Package.
On a side note; I got a fifth rim with Tire Pressure Monitoring System and am now able to rotate in the spare. The spare showed up with 41 PSI (dealership’s like to over-inflate it seems) compared the the average 39 PSI of the original 4. No issues with a 5th TPMS showing up, will update after the next tire rotation.
Sponsored