First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I was questioning if anyone has put the mopar block heater in there 3.6 after delivery. I purchased the truck down south but now going home it would be nice to have.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I was questioning if anyone has put the mopar block heater in there 3.6 after delivery. I purchased the truck down south but now going home it would be nice to have.
A block heater is one of the things I wanted, but the truck was ordered without one by the dealer since this is a warm climate. I opted for an oil pan heater. I have not got it installed, yet, so I don't know how well it will hold up.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00PM87W3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BCjmFb7CZ851Q

I looked into installing a block heater. The install instructions show the alternator needs removed, and it's something like a four hour job.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Where are you located...does it really get that cold?
I'm in New England and have only ever seen the need for a block heater in a (big)diesel

The 3.6 is warmed up(at least enough to get heat) in minutes in the winter months

OP
OP

Cdemarac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Where are you located...does it really get that cold?
I'm in New England and have only ever seen the need for a block heater in a (big)diesel

The 3.6 is warmed up(at least enough to get heat) in minutes in the winter months
Honestly I don’t really need it. Where I work there’s free places to plug in a block heater in the winter. And driving a manual trans I don’t have remote start. So it’s nice when walking out of work to have a semi warm engine.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I'm in Maine and had a block heater on a diesel but used it only a couple times, and even then it wasn't really necessary. If you're routinely starting up the jeep in super cold weather it might be worth it, otherwise I'd skip it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cdemarac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
A block heater is one of the things I wanted, but the truck was ordered without one by the dealer since this is a warm climate. I opted for an oil pan heater. I have not got it installed, yet, so I don't know how well it will hold up.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00PM87W3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BCjmFb7CZ851Q

I looked into installing a block heater. The install instructions show the alternator needs removed, and it's something like a four hour job.
Welp I ordered the parts, Once I get back home in a week or so I’m going to tackle it. I’ll Try and do a write up on how bad it is to do

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Welp I ordered the parts, Once I get back home in a week or so I’m going to tackle it. I’ll Try and do a write up on how bad it is to do
How did this go? Inquiring minds want to know about installing the Mopar part.
Sponsored