OP
361Sean

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I pulled mine out yesterday and had to reset it again.
Sponsored

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
I pulled mine out yesterday and had to reset it again.
Next time, hold the power button down for at least 3 seconds on the first try. O, and pray. ;-)

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
I have wondered about this too. It would be nice to plug it in when it is not in the Jeep. I was looking at the input a couple of weeks ago when I reset it and I thought I saw a marking (didn’t have my reading glasses on) that said something like 16 volt input. I imagine a person could find one that would work at Amazon or other electronics seller. Finding the right plug tip with the correct polarity then is the secondary issue. If you can figure out all of those bits you should be able to find one. If you do let us know.
SMAKN AC 100-240V to DC 15V 2A Switching Power Supply Converter Adapter US Plug, I have not tried yet just found on other threads with claims it works.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
SMAKN AC 100-240V to DC 15V 2A Switching Power Supply Converter Adapter US Plug, I have not tried yet just found on other threads with claims it works.
Right above the charging receptacle mine says 16.5V, 2.7A

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right above the charging receptacle mine says 16.5V, 2.7A
Today, I had to reset. At least I haven’t had to it 100% of the time. Sigh

Sponsored

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
I purchased an additional Blue tooth speaker. FIVE times tried to turn it on, pushing down on the power button for at least five seconds. Today it worked, maybe pressing for 10 seconds; however, it worked. Almost seemed the same as the one that came with my Launch Edition, so do not give up, charge it as long as you can inside the dock in back of back seat, then keep trying to turn it on holding power button down for 10 seconds till it makes wooooun, wooooun, wooooun sound. Remember there is a rubber access panel you can remove to check charge. Good luck.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, as I mentioned in the last post, I had to reset the speaker Saturday morning when I turned it on. Used it all weekend listening to music while I have now completed about 200 pieces of a 2000 piece Ravensburger puzzle of the mad King of Bavaria’s castle (which we visited when I bought the wife a Mercedes SLK in 2008 for her upcoming 50th birthday... great trip.... awesome castle). It worked everytime I turned it on after the reset. Went to work today, plugged it in. Came home tonight and used it for about an hour while adding another whole ten pieces to the puzzle. Ouch. On the upside I did not have to reset it.

JC

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reset last night. Sigh

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
This is why I refuse to spend $300 on a speaker. They don’t last. None of them do

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, it worked last night. No reset required.

I still like the speaker. The reset is not particularly onerous. Open the back stick paper clip in. Close back Hit power button for 3 to 5 seconds, it makes a little tone light comes on in the front, and it remembers the devices previously paired.

So, to say they don’t work at all and don’t last is not exactly accurate.

JC

Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Had Wifeys in to get tonneau cover replaced, they did some flash update on the radio and now the Bluetooth Speaker isn’t charging. The original one wouldn’t pair. This one was great till the update. Back to the shop again I guess.

Griffon

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1990 Jeep Wagoneer
Occupation
Millwright
I also am having the reset issue with my current speaker. What a hassle it has been working with the dealership over this… hopefully the replacement won’t require resetting as often in order to use. Jeep is a 2021, I wonder if people are having this issue with their 2022’s.
Sponsored