Donkey Fluffer

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Not yet. Everything grinded to a halt over the holidays. Going to get serious about the research on exhausts soon.
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I understand, you did so much in such a short period. I’m leaning towards this https://www.borla.com/products/jt_gladiator_climber_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140809.html

the single exhaust S type with the “climber” down pipe so I don’t bash it on rocks off-road. Sound seems mid pack. Not too loud. I spoke to Patrick at Borla yesterday and he helped me think this through. Great when you can call a company and talk to someone knowledgeable. I’m sure there will be mild performance gains probably 10-12 hp and ft/lbs or so. Looks like around $645 is the going price for the unpainted version from retailers. Probably just buy this and a can of hi temp black ceramic and paint the pipe myself for like $13 versus paying Borla a $100 to paint it for me.
I’ll post an install and review if I make up my mind and get this done.

OP
OP
Donkey Fluffer

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks. I understand, you did so much in such a short period. I’m leaning towards this https://www.borla.com/products/jt_gladiator_climber_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140809.html

the single exhaust S type with the “climber” down pipe so I don’t bash it on rocks off-road. Sound seems mid pack. Not too loud. I spoke to Patrick at Borla yesterday and he helped me think this through. Great when you can call a company and talk to someone knowledgeable. I’m sure there will be mild performance gains probably 10-12 hp and ft/lbs or so. Looks like around $645 is the going price for the unpainted version from retailers. Probably just buy this and a can of hi temp black ceramic and paint the pipe myself for like $13 versus paying Borla a $100 to paint it for me.
I’ll post an install and review if I make up my mind and get this done.
I did exactly that with a previous Borla stainless exhaust. I'd paint a coat, let it dry ten minutes, run the engine for ten minutes, let it cool about ten, then repeat x2. May have been overkill

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the Borla setup. I’ll do a write up a review once I get it and install.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up using VHT paint and it worked fine. Used a blowtorch to help cure the paint.
Here the install video.

59035515-975A-4FFF-A601-4BCCEDBB711C.jpeg