GaryG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP JT Rubicon Bright White, 2008 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Appears I'll have the only black roof, black fender Bright White Rubicon when it arrives.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Appears I'll have the only black roof, black fender Bright White Rubicon when it arrives.
Mine is a white Rubi with black top and painted fenders. Was worried about scratching the painted top taking it on/off all the time.

I’ll grab a set of used all black plastic fenders and OEM takeoff wheels for off-road use.

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
Nope Mine is on order with the same setup. Dealer gave me an estimated ship date of 5/27 but I cant see the same detail on the lookup tool here so we will have to wait and see.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Mine is a white Rubi with black top and painted fenders. Was worried about scratching the painted top taking it on/off all the time.

I’ll grab a set of used all black plastic fenders and OEM takeoff wheels for off-road use.
I've had a JK and a JL with painted hard top and took/take the hard top off all the time and have never had an issue or concern with the top scratching. My step son has a 2014 JK with the black hard top and the paint on that bubbled and started flaking off. With that being said, I'll likely order a black hard top for my JT Rubicon or just go with the premium soft top.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I've had a JK and a JL with painted hard top and took/take the hard top off all the time and have never had an issue or concern with the top scratching. My step son has a 2014 JK with the black hard top and the paint on that bubbled and started flaking off. With that being said, I'll likely order a black hard top for my JT Rubicon or just go with the premium soft top.
wait, so the black hardtop is painted? I figured it was a plastic where the color is baked into the plastic so its always black even if scratched?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Nope. It's white. Just like the inside of it.
so every hardtop is white inside and out to begin with, and then are either painted a matte black, or body color?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
so every hardtop is white inside and out to begin with, and then are either painted a matte black, or body color?
The painted tops and fenders are different. Painted tops and fenders are smooth. Black are textured. I have no experience with the painted ones but the black tops is white if you scratch them. Fenders are black all the way through even if you cut them in half with a chain saw.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The painted tops and fenders are different. Painted tops and fenders are smooth. Black are textured. I have no experience with the painted once but the black tops is white if you scratch them. Fenders are black all the way through even if you cut them in half with a chain saw.
hmmmmm, very interesting, thanks @Troybilt
Sponsored