Bruiser Conversations 500hp 6.6l LX3 Swap

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone here done the new 6.6l swap from Bruiser Conversions? https://bruiserconversions.com/gladiator-lx3-factory-trans/

Looks like a really great option for those of us wanting a bit more than the 6.4 without getting crazy requiring new axles etc. They use GMs new L8T motor as a starting point and add some tuning and rework the heads to port injection to hit 500hp and integrate with OEM systems. They also have a whipple supercharged option with 750hp but can go up to 1100hp if you are so inclined.

I understand the propensity to use a mopar motor in a Jeep but GM LS/LT motors are awesome (about the only thing GM does right). I would need to look into it more but if history proves true, this motor could be lighter than a hemi, run on 87 octane, and a bit more efficient.

I am a Mopar guy through and through but would have no hesitation running a LS/LT motor in my Jeep. Anyone have thoughts or experiences with GM motor swap or with Bruiser Conversions?

Cheers
Sponsored

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
This sounds interesting

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I'll read nothing but good things about their swaps. This is the route I will go for sure. But I'm a GM guy playing in the Jeep world lol

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone here done the new 6.6l swap from Bruiser Conversions? https://bruiserconversions.com/gladiator-lx3-factory-trans/

Looks like a really great option for those of us wanting a bit more than the 6.4 without getting crazy requiring new axles etc. They use GMs new L8T motor as a starting point and add some tuning and rework the heads to port injection to hit 500hp and integrate with OEM systems. They also have a whipple supercharged option with 750hp but can go up to 1100hp if you are so inclined.

I understand the propensity to use a mopar motor in a Jeep but GM LS/LT motors are awesome (about the only thing GM does right). I would need to look into it more but if history proves true, this motor could be lighter than a hemi, run on 87 octane, and a bit more efficient.

I am a Mopar guy through and through but would have no hesitation running a LS/LT motor in my Jeep. Anyone have thoughts or experiences with GM motor swap or with Bruiser Conversions?

Cheers
What do you mean by not getting new axles? Sorry, Im a "new" Jeep JT owner. I "thought" you really should upgrade axles with 2.5x the stock power?

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
What do you mean by not getting new axles? Sorry, Im a "new" Jeep JT owner. I "thought" you really should upgrade axles with 2.5x the stock power?
I doubt you’d be running stock axles for long, lol.

The link above has a 404 Error, so this option must not have worked out that well (or been that popular).

If I were going to do an engine swap, it would be to the 5.7L HEMI. Can still run 87 octane, enough of a power bump to put a smile on your face, but hopefully not so much that you’re going to break a bunch of stuff.

Sponsored

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase

The link above has a 404 Error, so this option must not have worked out that well (or been that popular).

If I were going to do an engine swap, it would be to the 5.7L HEMI. Can still run 87 octane, enough of a power bump to put a smile on your face, but hopefully not so much that you’re going to break a bunch of stuff.
ok. Got it!

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
ok. Got it!
That’s just my uneducated opinion driven by my staying in a Holiday Inn Express last night. For all I know…the driving miss daisy/mall crawler types may get by just fine with stock axles while cruising through the Sonic parking lot.

OP
OP
TheRealGinjaNinja

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Yea you might be able to get by for a while being easy on the truck with a N/A V8…supercharged 100% requires axles. For the record…I’d probably do axles with any V8 so I could actually enjoy it without as much worry.
Cheers

OP
OP
TheRealGinjaNinja

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

The website error is because they moved the link I just haven’t updated the original post. There is another active thread of a forum member getting it done right now.

bairesman

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Sales
Hi there, looking for people who has done the Bruiser conversion. I am interested in feedback, thanks in advance!
Sponsored