Sponsored

5.7l swap?

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
That's absolutely perfect may I ask roughly how much and where did you get the work done
Dakota Customs did the motor swap. They do awesome work!
Cost varies depending on motor, transmission, etc. They have pricing on their website.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Ok I'm just curious has anyone looked into replacing the 3.6 with a 5.7 hemi . I just bought a 2021 mojave . Ik a jeep isnt suppose to be fast but I was looking for atleast a passing speed. They mentioned the 6.2 but it's still a few years from getting done . I really dont want to trade it in for a Raptor are a trx but that's my next option i manage a can get a 5.7 professionally install for 10grand
it sounds like you dont need the reduced profile of a mid size truck (raptor cant do what i need my gladiator for), want something with a ton of power, and have money to burn.

I think your best bet is to get the TRX and start modding, because if youre talking raptor and trx, that 5.7 or a supercharger on the 3.6 or even a 6.4 will never make you happy. They arent as fast as what youve listed, and they dont have the InstaFlexin’ status i think you want. I mean, you jetpacked straight from “i need passing power” to “i guess i need a 700+hp racing truck”.

It doesnt sound like you need the profile/size of a midsize truck for trail use, so i wouldnt stay in the gladiator. If youre already thinking raptor/trx as your baseline comparison, youll never be happy with the gladiator without dropping $40-50k+ for a hellcat redeye swap. Only that level swap or a heavily modded TRX or Raptor is going to give you the prestige, exclusivity, and performance you’re looking for.

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have a 5.7L Hemi with a manual transmission in my JT.
I think it’s perfect, should come from the factory like that. Plenty of power for passing, etc, but not ridiculous.
I had a 6.4L in a JK-8 conversion a couple years ago. It was fast and fun to drive!
Sometimes I miss the extra power, but I think the 5.7L is better for a daily driver. Nice not having to feed it the high octane gas too!
Did you keep your JT manual trans or is it a different manual trans?

i always wondered if you could V8 the manuals. gives me hope to swap mine some day

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Did you keep your JT manual trans or is it a different manual trans?

i always wondered if you could V8 the manuals. gives me hope to swap mine some day
Yes, it’s the stock trans with the Centerforce clutch kit.

Thisguyuknow

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 1986 CJ-7 Laredo
Occupation
ARMY
Yes, it’s the stock trans with the Centerforce clutch kit.
Resurrecting an old thread here. You are the first v8 manual swap I have seen on one of these... Dakota customs website doesn't show the manual as an option... Admittedly I'm not ready so I haven't actually called any of the swap companies directly to inquire but non list it as an option on their websites.

My plan was to go until the 3.6 craps out then just do a v8 swap instead of buy a new jeep.

Do you know if they used an adapter or modified the bellhousing to get the 6 speed to mate to the 5.7l?

Sponsored

Curt Oz

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I’m still in my break in period, and it’s super icy everywhere but when I have clear roads this thing gets up and goes, not sportscar like, but not scared of pulling out
I always had Ram 1500's with the Hemi and came from a 2010 Challenger RT 6 speed and was surprised that this 6 cyl had some umph.
Its a brick and shouldn't fast.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
It’s not that slow, but I would have liked to be a fly on a when when they made the engine choices for the JT.

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
I have a 5.7L Hemi with a manual transmission in my JT.
I think it’s perfect, should come from the factory like that. Plenty of power for passing, etc, but not ridiculous.
I had a 6.4L in a JK-8 conversion a couple years ago. It was fast and fun to drive!
Sometimes I miss the extra power, but I think the 5.7L is better for a daily driver. Nice not having to feed it the high octane gas too!
236AD5E0-F540-45D4-ACAC-A422F0EF4591.jpeg
Tell me all about it, wanna get a Gladiator in the future and do whatcha done. Whats the Tq limit btw, thinking of saving a bit extra and doing a 6.4

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Resurrecting an old thread here. You are the first v8 manual swap I have seen on one of these... Dakota customs website doesn't show the manual as an option... Admittedly I'm not ready so I haven't actually called any of the swap companies directly to inquire but non list it as an option on their websites.

My plan was to go until the 3.6 craps out then just do a v8 swap instead of buy a new jeep.

Do you know if they used an adapter or modified the bellhousing to get the 6 speed to mate to the 5.7l?
I’m not sure what they did to mount the stock transmission to the Hemi, sorry.

Thisguyuknow

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMY
I’m not sure what they did to mount the stock transmission to the Hemi, sorry.
What tire and gear ratio are you running with it? And out of curiosity what kinda of fuel economy are you seeing now?

I contacted Dakota customs after seeing your post and they sent me a quote. One thing they said was that the reverse lights and camera have to be manually activated? For long term use, how annoying is that for you?

This is definitely something I want to do in the future.

Sponsored

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
What tire and gear ratio are you running with it? And out of curiosity what kinda of fuel economy are you seeing now?

I contacted Dakota customs after seeing your post and they sent me a quote. One thing they said was that the reverse lights and camera have to be manually activated? For long term use, how annoying is that for you?

This is definitely something I want to do in the future.
I ran 4.88 gears and 37” tires.
I sold that Jeep 10 months ago and got a diesel JT with an automatic transmission.

Yes, it was VERY annoying not having reverse lights! I had never had a vehicle with a backup camera before so I didn’t know what I was missing there. It’s kind of ridiculous having a brand new vehicle with an expensive motor swap and not having those things work!

Super happy with my diesel JT and automatic transmission! Performance wise the diesel is better than the 5.7 Hemi and manual transmission.
I think the manual transmission and slow shifting ate up the performance. From a stop, the gearing is so low in the transmission as soon as you release the clutch you’re topped out and having to shift again. It was slow to accelerate for something with a Hemi.
My diesel and 8 speed transmission is a lot faster off the line!

Thisguyuknow

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMY
I ran 4.88 gears and 37” tires.
I sold that Jeep 10 months ago and got a diesel JT with an automatic transmission.

Yes, it was VERY annoying not having reverse lights! I had never had a vehicle with a backup camera before so I didn’t know what I was missing there. It’s kind of ridiculous having a brand new vehicle with an expensive motor swap and not having those things work!

Super happy with my diesel JT and automatic transmission! Performance wise the diesel is better than the 5.7 Hemi and manual transmission.
I think the manual transmission and slow shifting ate up the performance. From a stop, the gearing is so low in the transmission as soon as you release the clutch you’re topped out and having to shift again. It was slow to accelerate for something with a Hemi.
My diesel and 8 speed transmission is a lot faster off the line!
Not that mpg is that important in these. But just curious I have 37s and 4.56 gears and am thinking about regeasring to 4.88. I get about 14mpg rn. Just curious if the 5.7 did better with a manual or if it's like expect 10 mpg or something. We take long road trips in the JT so it affects how often we are looking for a gas station.

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Not that mpg is that important in these. But just curious I have 37s and 4.56 gears and am thinking about regeasring to 4.88. I get about 14mpg rn. Just curious if the 5.7 did better with a manual or if it's like expect 10 mpg or something. We take long road trips in the JT so it affects how often we are looking for a gas station.
MPG’s we’re pretty close to what you’re getting, I can’t remember exactly what I was getting.
I do remember that on road trips driving non stop on the interstate I had 150 miles on the trip meter with 1/4 tank of gas left. 😳

My range has doubled since getting the diesel and the performance is great too! No regrets getting rid of the 5.7.

Thisguyuknow

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMY
Y3
MPG’s we’re pretty close to what you’re getting, I can’t remember exactly what I was getting.
I do remember that on road trips driving non stop on the interstate I had 150 miles on the trip meter with 1/4 tank of gas left. 😳

My range has doubled since getting the diesel and the performance is great too! No regrets getting rid of the 5.7.
Yeah for sure that diesel makes the power and economy. I just really want a stick. I'm holding out hope that the upcoming stellantis hurricane will be available in a stick shift or at the least maybe someone like Dakota customs will make a swap kit for that powerplant that adapts the MT
Sponsored