Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I did not want to just jump into this thread with my thoughts and feelings as this is more of the 392 and Hell Cat thread. But, seeing as how it is being asked.
I got the Magnuson SC and got it installed and thought dang this thing really woke up! Then I was bored with it. I was having severe pinging issues as I went along and also the fact of having to run premium fuel, plus I did not have the patience to work and wait on it or I should say have Dave work on it lol. He diffently knows what he is doing and does great work. I was just in the early stages of it all and I wanted to have a daily driver that could tow better. So, I did the hemi conversion and after doing it. I would do it over and over in a heart beat.
You have to be honest with yourself when looking at a SC or hemi and decide what you actually want in the end. A pumped up V6 or a bad ass V8. I did do the 5.7 and I am very pleased with it, does everything I need it to do and on regular pump gas. If I would have went with the 392, all I would be doing is getting on it all of the time as that is what that motor likes and it is well deserved. For me, the 5.7 does everything I need it to do and sounds awesome doing it.
Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I did not want to just jump into this thread with my thoughts and feelings as this is more of the 392 and Hell Cat thread. But, seeing as how it is being asked.
I got the Magnuson SC and got it installed and thought dang this thing really woke up! Then I was bored with it. I was having severe pinging issues as I went along and also the fact of having to run premium fuel, plus I did not have the patience to work and wait on it or I should say have Dave work on it lol. He diffently knows what he is doing and does great work. I was just in the early stages of it all and I wanted to have a daily driver that could tow better. So, I did the hemi conversion and after doing it. I would do it over and over in a heart beat.
You have to be honest with yourself when looking at a SC or hemi and decide what you actually want in the end. A pumped up V6 or a bad ass V8. I did do the 5.7 and I am very pleased with it, does everything I need it to do and on regular pump gas. If I would have went with the 392, all I would be doing is getting on it all of the time as that is what that motor likes and it is well deserved. For me, the 5.7 does everything I need it to do and sounds awesome doing it.
with 4.10s and 38s the 392 is actually pretty balanced ;)

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have it now where we wanted it to be then. Let me tell ya, it has been a journey. Wish I could of progressed faster. Definitely am in awe of these V8 powered beasts.

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
Due in large part to this thread I am jumping in as well and will be getting an AMW associated installer to build my Gladiator out.

Was really leaning to the 707 and had committed to it but tonight moved back to the 505. For what we want to use it for we really need those extra MPGs - the 22g tank is just too small.

What will really piss me off though, is if AMW finishes their extended fuel tank option over the next 6 months and I have the 505 and not the 707....that'll really grind me up haha

Great thread. Thank you for doing this.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Due in large part to this thread I am jumping in as well and will be getting an AMW associated installer to build my Gladiator out.

Was really leaning to the 707 and had committed to it but tonight moved back to the 505. For what we want to use it for we really need those extra MPGs - the 22g tank is just too small.

What will really piss me off though, is if AMW finishes their extended fuel tank option over the next 6 months and I have the 505 and not the 707....that'll really grind me up haha

Great thread. Thank you for doing this.
The biggest driver for your MPGs will be tire size. You get stock or better on 35s or smaller. I am current contemplating to build the truck back (tire size wise only) and run smaller and lighter tires - better MPGs and faster 😂 prob won't do it but....

Sponsored

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The biggest driver for your MPGs will be tire size. You get stock or better on 35s or smaller. I am current contemplating to build the truck back (tire size wise only) and run smaller and lighter tires - better MPGs and faster 😂 prob won't do it but....
haha. Yeah that makes sense. Running 40x13.5
Originally has Spec’d 40x15.5 open country’s but I think they will poke to much haha.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
haha. Yeah that makes sense. Running 40x13.5
Originally has Spec’d 40x15.5 open country’s but I think they will poke to much haha.
especially on UD60s.

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
especially on UD60s.
100%

If we could guarantee an additional fuel tank in a timely manner then I would roll the 707...the delta isn't that much. I also, and this could be wrong, believe resale down the road with the 707 vs the 505 package would be easier. Think it would appeal to just a few extra lunatics.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
100%

If we could guarantee an additional fuel tank in a timely manner then I would roll the 707...the delta isn't that much. I also, and this could be wrong, believe resale down the road with the 707 vs the 505 package would be easier. Think it would appeal to just a few extra lunatics.
resale maybe probably better with the 707 but will mostly depend probably if you take it offroad or not.

Rubitrux made an add with mine lol so I would need to take all stickers off before selling....

One thing I would say is that 38x13.5 look really good and can fit smaller lifts if you not married to 40s with not much of a trail performance loss

Sponsored

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
resale maybe probably better with the 707 but will mostly depend probably if you take it offroad or not.

Rubitrux made an add with mine lol so I would need to take all stickers off before selling....

One thing I would say is that 38x13.5 look really good and can fit smaller lifts if you not married to 40s with not much of a trail performance loss
Thanks man. Yeah, 38's are a good option as well and maybe I end up there at some point.

And it is definitely going off-road haha. Be the main purpose to take the kids camping and exploring now that they are getting of age.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Thanks man. Yeah, 38's are a good option as well and maybe I end up there at some point.

And it is definitely going off-road haha. Be the main purpose to take the kids camping and exploring now that they are getting of age.
The MPGs really that different with the 392 vs hellcat? I would conceptually say that if you are interested in the 707 go with that! It def has a much bigger coolness factor than just a NA HEMI. I sometimes wish I had the whine lol but I am also interested in the stroker kit that Rubi made for the 392 for some extra performance. Point being I guess don't settle for less power if you really want more

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The MPGs really that different with the 392 vs hellcat? I would conceptually say that if you are interested in the 707 go with that! It def has a much bigger coolness factor than just a NA HEMI. I sometimes wish I had the whine lol but I am also interested in the stroker kit that Rubi made for the 392 for some extra performance. Point being I guess don't settle for less power if you really want more
I hear you man, and I am struggling with that. The challenge is the distance you can go on a tank of fuel. Seems like its almost close to double from what I can tell, maybe 75% more, with the base 6.4l. I have a bit of time before I need to decide....think next week is when I need to make a final decision or so, maybe the week after.

Stroker kit would be awesome. I had a 347 Stroker in a '66 mustang.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
That may be my next tire size, 38x13.5R17. I currently have the 5.7 with 4.88's running 37" tires. So the extra inch will lower my cruising RPM's about 150, so maybe fuel consumption will be a wash with larger tires and lower rpm's.
My son is stroking his 392 Challenger to a 426, should be interesting.
Sponsored