Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
It was enough but the 5.7 is actually now out of it.
It’s all relative lol!!! I am intrigued by the stroker kit Rubi is offering but in reality I think I’ll wrap my build for the JT close to where it is now with 38s and 3 inch lift etc blah blah if those ever arrive since that will still be a super DD package for me plus wheeling. I am very interested in building up a JK-8 with a DEMON or at least hellcat. I miss the SC whine from my mustang. Heck I miss my mustang 😭

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for a long break of silence. Hope the holiday season was great for everyone! I did get my truck back late Wednesday night. I have to unpack some things with AMW here before I go writing any reviews, thoughts or grievances.

Here are a few pictures from after I got it home.

1641486307914.JPEG

1641486308377.JPEG

1641486308750.JPEG

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for a long break of silence. Hope the holiday season was great for everyone! I did get my truck back late Wednesday night. I have to unpack some things with AMW here before I go writing any reviews, thoughts or grievances.

1641486307914.JPEG

1641486308377.JPEG

1641486308750.JPEG
suspense is killing me :)

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Hi Everyone,

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion 1641486308750.JPEG

Ide be more inclined to stick 4xe badges on it or none at all versus all the hemi, srt, hellcat stuff but that’s just me. I prefer stealth versus chest thumping

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Ide be more inclined to stick 4xe badges on it or none at all versus all the hemi, srt, hellcat stuff but that’s just me. I prefer stealth versus chest thumping
Anybody with ears knows this isn't a 4XE. The cab is blacked out....no one can see inside except me. Thats the only indication. The exterior has only stock Rubicon stickers.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Anybody with ears knows this isn't a 4XE. The cab is blacked out....no one can see inside except me. Thats the only indication. The exterior has only stock Rubicon stickers.
I completely gave up on understatement with my truck and even put HEMI badges on the hood. Just going all in and over the top. A JT with one tons and 40s is not a sleeper....

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I completely gave up on understatement with my truck and even put HEMI badges on the hood. Just going all in and over the top. A JT with one tons and 40s is not a sleeper....
LOL - maybe your right......but people could think its way slower than it is :)!

Either way - its just fun to drive! You know first hand!

Sponsored

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
Any updates? Everything get sorted with AMW?

I’m about to pull the trigger on a package and would love to hear your experience with the end product

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have to ask. Maybe it's been answered I didn't read. Why go through all this for the 5.7 instead of a supercharged V6? I get the whole huge swap for the 6.4L but otherwise... why?

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I have to ask. Maybe it's been answered I didn't read. Why go through all this for the 5.7 instead of a supercharged V6? I get the whole huge swap for the 6.4L but otherwise... why?
There is a lot of back and forth on forums and personal opinions about supercharging the 3.6. What I have found is those who have the superchargers "love" them ..... until they don't. That was me. I thought it was a pretty awesome upgrade for about 150 miles. Then reality set in and I found the power was inconsistent - never when I needed it and didn't work well with the powertrain.

This is a good thread to read over if you are considering one of those options. I've gone through all stages with this one. Started with supercharging the 3.6 - I would never recommend it to anyone. Take the money put it in a savings account and hold out for a real power solution. The difference between the supercharger and the 5.7 was night and day. Almost as noticeable as going from the 5.7 to the Hellcat.

I believe there is at least one other active member within this thread that also went from a supercharger to a Hemi. He may have some additional input on his thoughts and findings. I can talk about my experience but due to an NDA I cannot disclose the brand of supercharger I used.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I don't expect my ride to out power a hemi, but I would definitely welcome the chance to rida and compare. To be fair out of the box the power was not ideal, but after a year of development, I feel it is pretty factory feeling and that power is linear from top to bottom. It delivers on sound and grunt. Not a V8 growl, but the whistle while cruisng around town and the scream when giving it the beans ain't bad. Makes me second giess changing the exhaust everyday.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I don't expect my ride to out power a hemi, but I would definitely welcome the chance to rida and compare. To be fair out of the box the power was not ideal, but after a year of development, I feel it is pretty factory feeling and that power is linear from top to bottom. It delivers on sound and grunt. Not a V8 growl, but the whistle while cruisng around town and the scream when giving it the beans ain't bad. Makes me second giess changing the exhaust everyday.
Yeah, I think it makes a big difference when you have the tools/ability to play with your tune and perfect it to your needs/wants.
Sponsored