First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Suburban
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
So I’m contemplating doing a swap on my Mojave. Im not really a rock crawler guy, just like the sand and speed. Will I need to regear the factory 4:10s if I go with 37’s and a 5.7 or 6.4? Or will the extra torque negate the need for regearing, this saving additional funds. It’s a daily driver with mostly highway running.
Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
So I’m contemplating doing a swap on my Mojave. Im not really a rock crawler guy, just like the sand and speed. Will I need to regear the factory 4:10s if I go with 37’s and a 5.7 or 6.4? Or will the extra torque negate the need for regearing, this saving additional funds. It’s a daily driver with mostly highway running.
I am 6.4L 4.10s and currently 38s and 37s before that. short answer: gears are perfectly fine; it will be more peppy with smaller tires or shorter gears. It will be night and day over a 3.6L with 4.10s and 37s

Jorgensensc

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Suburban
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I am 6.4L 4.10s and currently 38s and 37s before that. short answer: gears are perfectly fine; it will be more peppy with smaller tires or shorter gears. It will be night and day over a 3.6L with 4.10s and 37s
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
My wife finally got her 392XR. Lucky we ordered when we did as Jeep pulled the XR option from the 392 a few weeks after we placed our order. On order since September, showed up 3/1. Got the 37's on, RSE's on, tint done - ceramic coating starts tomorrow and winch will go in this weekend.

I will likely be doing a write up on my thoughts/experience with AMW on the recent Hellcat upgrade. I have been giving them ample time to right some wrongs, but it looks like they are ignoring correspondences which means it will likely end up in the hands of my company attorney.

For now - beware! I have heard several people have issues with AMW after the fact. I didn't believe it but now see first-hand. They get your business and then no customer service after the fact.

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion image_2022_03_07T15_14_01_172Z

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
My wife finally got her 392XR. Lucky we ordered when we did as Jeep pulled the XR option from the 392 a few weeks after we placed our order. On order since September, showed up 3/1. Got the 37's on, RSE's on, tint done - ceramic coating starts tomorrow and winch will go in this weekend.

I will likely be doing a write up on my thoughts/experience with AMW on the recent Hellcat upgrade. I have been giving them ample time to right some wrongs, but it looks like they are ignoring correspondences which means it will likely end up in the hands of my company attorney.

For now - beware! I have heard several people have issues with AMW after the fact. I didn't believe it but now see first-hand. They get your business and then no customer service after the fact.

that is one clean and bad ass looking Jeep. Love the color and the bronze works really well with it. curious to hear about your driving impressions of the factory 392 vs the 5.7 and hellcat. also looking forward to your write up

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7

Oh $hit! Sorry to hear the service has taken a bad turn. I’ve followed all your swap posts and thought AmW was gtg. For what they get for not 1 but 2 swaps, I won’t publicly say I would expect in terms of them trying to make me happy but you can use your imagination!

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
So - I set a deadline with AMW to resolve a slew of issues from my Hellcat build. As of this morning I contacted the attorney my company uses for assistance in resolving because they have been stalling and borderline unresponsive.

To be transparent, the list is long:

Paint defect in wheels - wheels painted by AMW. The paint on 1 wheel started cracking shortly after coming back from the 5.7 install. Spoke with owner (Jared) who claimed it would be taken care of while it was in for the Hellcat install. Never resolved.

Rusting UD60s - Paid more for my UD60 axles than most charge because AMW claims they paint/clear them so they are more rust resistant. My stock axles were in better shape after a full year of daily driving than my UD60s when they got back to me from AMW from the 5.7 install. Another situation where we spoke with the owner (Jared) and claimed it would be taken care of while it was in for the Hellcat install. Never resolved.

There is a defect causing issues with the rear lockers installed by AMW. The owner (Jared) wanted me to upgrade to UD80s to "avoid" the issue. When we decided to stick with the UD60s he said he was going to take care of the issue with an implemented fix. Never resolved.

Part of the 707 install includes removing the factory shifter coins and replacing them with AMW branded stuff. We advised Jim (project manager) and Jared (owner) several times that we did not want this part of the 707 package and it was noted on our build sheet. This was done anyways. We have asked them to have this taken care of. Never resolved.

Jared claimed he was going to make sure we got the "full 707" treatment which includes a variety of interior/exterior items that were never installed but paid for. Obviously excluding the few things, we had discussed (like the shifter coins which were ironically the only thing they did).

We were also made handful's of other promises by Jared that were fallen short on or just flat out lies. We were given a specific timeline which was longer than what we had hoped but we were guaranteed the work would be done and truck would be returned by the holidays. It wasn't, in fact it was several weeks after. What was plotted for a 2 week install sat there for 2+ months (again, same happened during original 5.7 install).

Jared said if the truck was done and shipping back during winter weather he would pay to ship back via enclosed trailer. This also didn't happen. My truck with over $150k was shipped back via flatbed car hauler and arrived home completely ice and salt covered.

Exhaust tip from Hellcat install was already rusted over when the truck arrived home. Never resolved.

Now some things like the sending it back via open trailer in the ice - I can't do anything about but would certainly have appreciated an explanation and or apology about. That didn't happen either. At this point I am a thorn in their side.

My advice - stay away from AMW 4x4. They do great work when it comes down to the actual powertrain swap. No one can take that away from them. However, their attention to detail, customer service and resolution skills are absolutely the worst I have EVER seen in my life. The owner is so skatter brained he can't remember any specific details. The project manager seems to try his best but seems to be so overwhelmed trying to fix the issues the owner created he can't keep up.

I would reccomend using one of the AMW partners for your install and steering very clear of this hot mess they have in Holly, MI.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
So - I set a deadline with AMW to resolve a slew of issues from my Hellcat build. As of this morning I contacted the attorney my company uses for assistance in resolving because they have been stalling and borderline unresponsive.

To be transparent, the list is long:

Paint defect in wheels - wheels painted by AMW. The paint on 1 wheel started cracking shortly after coming back from the 5.7 install. Spoke with owner (Jared) who claimed it would be taken care of while it was in for the Hellcat install. Never resolved.

Rusting UD60s - Paid more for my UD60 axles than most charge because AMW claims they paint/clear them so they are more rust resistant. My stock axles were in better shape after a full year of daily driving than my UD60s when they got back to me from AMW from the 5.7 install. Another situation where we spoke with the owner (Jared) and claimed it would be taken care of while it was in for the Hellcat install. Never resolved.

There is a defect causing issues with the rear lockers installed by AMW. The owner (Jared) wanted me to upgrade to UD80s to "avoid" the issue. When we decided to stick with the UD60s he said he was going to take care of the issue with an implemented fix. Never resolved.

Part of the 707 install includes removing the factory shifter coins and replacing them with AMW branded stuff. We advised Jim (project manager) and Jared (owner) several times that we did not want this part of the 707 package and it was noted on our build sheet. This was done anyways. We have asked them to have this taken care of. Never resolved.

Jared claimed he was going to make sure we got the "full 707" treatment which includes a variety of interior/exterior items that were never installed but paid for. Obviously excluding the few things, we had discussed (like the shifter coins which were ironically the only thing they did).

We were also made handful's of other promises by Jared that were fallen short on or just flat out lies. We were given a specific timeline which was longer than what we had hoped but we were guaranteed the work would be done and truck would be returned by the holidays. It wasn't, in fact it was several weeks after. What was plotted for a 2 week install sat there for 2+ months (again, same happened during original 5.7 install).

Jared said if the truck was done and shipping back during winter weather he would pay to ship back via enclosed trailer. This also didn't happen. My truck with over $150k was shipped back via flatbed car hauler and arrived home completely ice and salt covered.

Exhaust tip from Hellcat install was already rusted over when the truck arrived home. Never resolved.

Now some things like the sending it back via open trailer in the ice - I can't do anything about but would certainly have appreciated an explanation and or apology about. That didn't happen either. At this point I am a thorn in their side.

My advice - stay away from AMW 4x4. They do great work when it comes down to the actual powertrain swap. No one can take that away from them. However, their attention to detail, customer service and resolution skills are absolutely the worst I have EVER seen in my life. The owner is so skatter brained he can't remember any specific details. The project manager seems to try his best but seems to be so overwhelmed trying to fix the issues the owner created he can't keep up.

I would reccomend using one of the AMW partners for your install and steering very clear of this hot mess they have in Holly, MI.
That is absolutely ridiculous. I hope you get every penny back from them and more. How someone runs a business like that is beyond me. Good luck to you and I hope you get all those issues figured out so you can enjoy your badass Jeeps!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
My guess is they are overwhelmed with transplants as the manufacturing quality of these jeeps is less than ideal, and those qho would like to retain a jeep have turned to this service as one of their only avenues to resolve drivetrain issues, that would otherwise wither at the dealership with excuses and miscommunication. Just a guess.

I had to rip my own ride down and fix all the misassembled stuff

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
That is absolutely ridiculous. I hope you get every penny back from them and more. How someone runs a business like that is beyond me. Good luck to you and I hope you get all those issues figured out so you can enjoy your badass Jeeps!
Whatever ends up happening at this point is ok. My goal here is to educate and prepare anyone else considering going this route. What is most crazy to me is this thread is directly responsible and inspired several other builds that AMW profited from. I am a huge advocate of repping products and companies that do good all around business. That was what I was expecting to be the case here. I currently still have AMW stickers on my truck advertising for them.

I am however not driving it until we figure out a solution to the problems.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I have been contemplating a hemi swap or a 4xe swap, so this thread is timely.
ooh, I would be intrigued to see a start to finish thread on a 4xe swap. Especially with fuel prices!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
There is a fair number of wrecked ones in the copart registry. My wife's 4xe is a good little rig. Pretty powerful. The mpg is good but not great. About 25mpg real world.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
There is a fair number of wrecked ones in the copart registry. My wife's 4xe is a good little rig. Pretty powerful. The mpg is good but not great. About 25mpg real world.
Yeah thats pretty good - only other option to see that would be diesel but then you have diesel problems.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I can understand the issue with not getting a response or fix to your issues with AMW. I had my install done by an authorized dealer and what they did and how they did it was awesome!
I have had three issues to deal with. One was taken care of by the installer within a few days, windshield reservoir was cracked. Sent me one right out. Second was a leaking schrader valve on the A/C line. Again the installer took care of it quickly, AFTER finally getting a replacement line from AMW. I think that took 2 or 3 weeks and that was with them saying yeah we will get one shipped right out, ok tomorrow and by the end of the week. Finally did get it and like I said was taken care of immediately.
Last one was an issue with a loping idle when at elevations above 8000 ft. Would run fine but when you would come to a stop or idle it would start to lope and sometimes die. It took me several weeks to finally get through to someone that could help with it and that was after me loosing it with a sales rep that answered the phone at AMW. Then of course after all that, I could not duplicate it since I live at 1500 ft. and can not just run to the mountains to data log it. So, I would guess that it will do it again when I get to the mountains and even if I data log it, I have very little faith in them to get right with me and get it fixed while I am at elevation.
So I echo Mopar kings suggestion to have the install done at an authorized installer and by pass AMW as much as possible.

Mopar King, I hope you get it all resolved and in a timely manner. Good luck!
Sponsored