Bug removal

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I’ve driven some large, non-aerodynamic vehicles in my day. But I’ve never had one collect as many bug splatters as this JT.

Any tips on bug removal?
Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I've had pretty good luck with this in the past to get the guts off the front of my enclosed car trailer. Spray it on before you start to wash & let it soak a little while to soften them up, then wash as normal. Found it at my local Car Quest Auto Parts Store a while back, and it does help.

Jeep Gladiator Bug removal DSCN3389.JPG

Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Chemical called Super clean dilute 50/50 spray on while the truck is cool, let sit for 1-2 minutes ... pressure wash rinse and comes right off ... I'm in Ctrl FL we have things called love bugs they are unreal !!!!

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Go to the drugstore and get a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide. It is actually only 3%. Put it in a spray bottle and spray it on your bug soaked truck.

it will dissolve your bugs and you can wipe them off with a clean cloth.

Does not hurt paint or anything else. Been using it for years on my Bikes and cars. Also safe on plastic.

cheap and easy

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Easiest and cheapest way...One dryer sheet..Wet it , rub it on the dead bug guts wash it off...It works..Florida has love bugs twice a year and every Floridian is aware of dryers sheets to get em off...
I live in FL and this is my “go to” for our love bug seasons.

ALL4SPL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
HVAC Technical Sales
The only time I have to use anything other than a normal wash method is when they are HUGE gut splatters left over. This is mainly because of the wash/coating gladiator has a full coat of 303 Graphene Nano spray coating and bugs come right off, the biggest key is speed of response, so not letting them sit for more than 48 hours.

For anything that doesn't come right off I use McKee's 37 MK37-950 Road Kill Bug Scrubber sponges. They are great, as long as you use them as directed, let the sponge soak for 5-7 mins in your wash bucket prior to use and start with little to no pressure and only increase pressure if needed.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
A maintained coat of "something" protectant on the front grille and windshield area, whether you have a regular wax, ceramic hyperwax, or a full ceramic is the first step to keeping bugs from sticking so bad and having to use heavier chemicals or abrasion that is tough on the paint.

i keep a simple "sacrificial" hyperwax coat maintained on the front, and any bugs that don't come off with the regular wash with normal car soap come right off with my "wetter" first-pass dry towel and quick detailer drying aid. If you're rubbing at that point, it's gentle with a spray waxy microfiber towel that won't mar the paint or attack the hyperwax coat. Works for me at least
Sponsored