Sponsored

Build Orders On Hold till June or July???

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
I hadn't heard this. That's ashame if true but not surprising too me.

I ordered a Bronco back in January (reserved in July last year) and still haven't received a build date and rumor is they will be well under their previous production estimates.

They already have reservation holders from last July expecting to not receive their bronco untill sometime next calendar year with more people getting pushed back than previously believed.

Commodity and chip constraints have really hurt the industry.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have been working with several dealers including one of the more popular ones discussed on this forum and the information we are finding is that a lot of the colors and options for 2021 are already being removed from the ordering system as Jeep is transitioning over to 2022 now.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I have been working with several dealers including one of the more popular ones discussed on this forum and the information we are finding is that a lot of the colors and options for 2021 are already being removed from the ordering system as Jeep is transitioning over to 2022 now.
I mean, bring it on. I feel bad for people that want/need one right now, but as someone who is waiting on MY 2022 anyways, let's do this.

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
I mean, bring it on. I feel bad for people that want/need one right now, but as someone who is waiting on MY 2022 anyways, let's do this.
Yep. I am really excited to get a Gladiator but I am also glad to not be in a "need" situation. My car purchases aren't always long term but this one will be. So I am less willing to compromise what I want just to get one in my driveway faster.

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Hope this is a rumor. I ordered mine the begging of April. I would like to have it this summer.

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Yeah hoping my other dealer comes back with different news. I can wait if I have to but to release the color then not allow a build is a bit frustrating. Just need some more confirmation.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Yeah hoping my other dealer comes back with different news. I can wait if I have to but to release the color then not allow a build is a bit frustrating. Just need some more confirmation.
Was there a new color officially released? I haven't looked at the guide for May yet.

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Hope this is a rumor. I ordered mine the begging of April. I would like to have it this summer.
Everything supply chain wise is screwed up right now, but in prior years that’s why they stopped accepting new orders around June. They used a month or two to finish up existing orders.
The 2021 orders have to be “flushed” before MY2022 can start.

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
I just checked in with my dealer to see if he knew anything about this. I placed my order on April 28th and last time I checked with Jeep Care they said part were sourced and I was awaiting build scheduling but no mention of a halt in production.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I ordered yesterday and I don't have a VON. Apparently a lot of you who ordered in April got a VON the same day. This to me isn't a good sign.

If I have to wait a few months or longer it may blow my deal because I have a trade-in. Also, if they end up offering Anvil color for 2022 I'll be ticked off because I'll have a Hydro on order that I cannot change.

I'm starting to get a little nervous about this timing...

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I ordered yesterday and I don't have a VON. Apparently a lot of you who ordered in April got a VON the same day. This to me isn't a good sign.

If I have to wait a few months or longer it may blow my deal because I have a trade-in. Also, if they end up offering Anvil color for 2022 I'll be ticked off because I'll have a Hydro on order that I cannot change.

I'm starting to get a little nervous about this timing...
This is why I am worried. I have a trade in as well. They told my they would give me $34k for it, but I still worry... I don't trust dealers.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I hadn't heard this. That's ashame if true but not surprising too me.

I ordered a Bronco back in January (reserved in July last year) and still haven't received a build date and rumor is they will be well under their previous production estimates.

They already have reservation holders from last July expecting to not receive their bronco untill sometime next calendar year with more people getting pushed back than previously believed.

Commodity and chip constraints have really hurt the industry.
100% Correct .. canceled my reservation when I was told my order was pushed to a MY22 ... Gladiator was ordered next day and received a month later ...

Yossarian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
End of May, first of June are always iffy when it comes to special orders anyway. Manufacturers are winding down current model year production to transition to the next model year production. As another poster said, throw in chip and commodity supply chain problems and it just adds to the problem. The last Jeep Wrangler I ordered, I ordered in mid May, I did not get it until October and it was the new model year Wrangler.

Reactions: mog

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
100% Correct .. canceled my reservation when I was told my order was pushed to a MY22 ... Gladiator was ordered next day and received a month later ...
Nice. I wish I had done the same sooner.

I have not yet cancelled mine and will request it gets a priority code 99 instead.

I sat in one finally and didn't like the interior. The Jeep is so much nicer and I don't think its even close.

Maybe next year I'll be happier with the options and get a chance to actually drive one. Then I can decided if I want to trade in/sell the Gladiator for it.
Sponsored