Sponsored

Build Orders On Hold till June or July???

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yeah hoping my other dealer comes back with different news. I can wait if I have to but to release the color then not allow a build is a bit frustrating. Just need some more confirmation.
Reach out to Travis at Tri-City, he will tell you the truth on orders. Its worth the drive. I had less than stelar experiences with two different Charlotte area dealers.
Sponsored

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
When I ordered on 04/01 I was told the order was 'suspended' by FCA (fill in the current company name), and perhaps a month before they 'accept' the order. The Gladiator was built by 04/15 as it when on the train then, and I received it on 04/30.
Although the general manager said they (my dealership) had build slots for 'stock', so they just moved my build into one of those slots. Perhaps you could ask your dealer if that is possible.

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Local Jeep dealer told me yesterday that the factory is only building sold orders at this time. They're not building vehicles for dealer stock until sold orders receive first production priority. Not sure how long this will last but factory rep said "at least a few months."

They're putting something in place to deter/prevent dealers from submitting fake sold orders to get inventory.

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Reach out to Travis at Tri-City, he will tell you the truth on orders. Its worth the drive. I had less than stelar experiences with two different Charlotte area dealers.
Sent Travis my build sheet yesterday. No response yet. Hopefully today is his day off. Yeah I had no luck with Lake Norman, Keiffer, M&L and Mount Airy.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Local Jeep dealer told me yesterday that the factory is only building sold orders at this time. They're not building vehicles for dealer stock until sold orders receive first production priority. Not sure how long this will last but factory rep said "at least a few months."

They're putting something in place to deter/prevent dealers from submitting fake sold orders to get inventory.
Then my order should be ok (I will assume) as Jeep Chat asks for my address and all sorts of junk.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Sent Travis my build sheet yesterday. No response yet. Hopefully today is his day off. Yeah I had no luck with Lake Norman, Keiffer, M&L and Mount Airy.
And don't waste your time with stateline either. Travis is busy, he usually replied within 24 hours though, but that delaership isn't open as long of hours and days as others. Wouldn't hurt to call though as well.

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
FYI
I have an order currently with Travis @ Tri-City. He is normally off on Fridays.......and also, here is a piece of our most recent communication:
I will be out of the office from 5/7-5/16 for my wedding/honeymoon & will not be able to reply to emails during that time for status updates.

HardDriveMB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2006 TJ
Occupation
DBA
This likely explains my experience. I ordered my JT on April 2nd. (actually ordered two days prior but they didn't add in an option I wanted so they re-sent a new order). Was told 6-8 week turn-around. But the window sticker was available April 19th and I picked it up yesterday May 4th (Yeah, I guess the 4th was with me, lol) so about 4.5 weeks. Winding down production would seem to account for that.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
But the window sticker was available April 19th and I picked it up yesterday May 4th (Yeah, I guess the 4th was with me, lol) so about 4.5 weeks.
That's .... fantastic! I bought my last car on April Fool's Day and have never forgotten it. Would be nice to get a fun date for the Jeep!

OP
OP
Sublime

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
FYI
I have an order currently with Travis @ Tri-City. He is normally off on Fridays.......and also, here is a piece of our most recent communication:
Yeah thanks for that info. He did mention he was getting married. Inwill call tomorrow if I dont here from him today.

Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Was there a new color officially released? I haven't looked at the guide for May yet.
Is the May build sheet even available yet?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Knowing 2022 color options would be nice right about now. I stopped by a dealer for a build today and they gave no indication of a pause in effect, they said 6-12 weeks. If 2022 was going to open up anytime soon I would also wait, which means I have to drive my JL a bit longer.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Folks, it’s coming in a big way. Ford just announced 2 week assembly closures today. Unless there is a dramatic inventory turn around, we’ve only seen the beginning of this chip shortage.

Ford Super Dutys stacked like cord wood up at Kentucky Motorspeedway north of Louisville manufacturing. Millions of dollars of inventory sitting in parking lot and track.

I truly hope I am wrong.

Jeep Gladiator Build Orders On Hold till June or July??? 557A4DD1-453E-499E-9BC0-C5EC3DF0B4D3

Jeep Gladiator Build Orders On Hold till June or July??? CB7A8194-21DC-45B0-8ECE-4D959D724AC2

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's a two-edged sword. On one hand, these increasing steel prices, fuel prices, and shortages are going to drive 2022 model prices up significantly. Big price increases are coming.

On the other hand, it's also going to continue to drive up the used truck prices, so if you're trading something in you'll get more for it this summer than ever before.

Eventually a massive recession will set in as this current administration continues to spend money like it grows on trees. 2008 was bad. This 2021 administration says hold our beers.

I honestly put an order in yesterday because I was hoping to get mine built and delivered before it all hits the fan this summer. It's starting to feel like I was a week too late.
Sponsored