Sponsored

Built custom sub box?

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I know there has to be some custom built or home built sub boxes in our gladiators by now. Can I see what everyone has made or did for their gladiator?
I have a fairly shallow 10" sub here at home that I dont use, and would like to utilize, but am also looking into any shallow / small style boxes to house 6.5 - 10" sub/s

What ya done?
Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I'm going this route, working on a two 10" box for behind the rear seat. Going with the Kicker vt10's. with 400w each to them. I'll post a thread once I get this damn box done.

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
I bought an groundshaker off ebay for the gladiator. been happy with it.

Jud1118chills

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Ingalls Shipbuilding
I know there has to be some custom built or home built sub boxes in our gladiators by now. Can I see what everyone has made or did for their gladiator?
I have a fairly shallow 10" sub here at home that I dont use, and would like to utilize, but am also looking into any shallow / small style boxes to house 6.5 - 10" sub/s

What ya done?

Jeep Gladiator Built custom sub box? 0FDA1B37-E979-4E79-90A4-E8539F12AFB8

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Built my own box over a year ago. Sounds great. I had a SSA DCON 10" sub, but I'm now running a Memphis 10" sub. One thing that must be remembered when installing subs in any vehicle and trying to gain optimum sound/bass is the sub box requirement size. You get specifications with your sub that will have a range required for both sealed and ported boxes.

I did a video on my youtube channel where I compared 4 different subs with different specifications in the same box. It's hard to tell from the video that the sound is different, but it is. That's one of the reasons that I didn't go to a dual sub box. Unless I had the right sub that only required a small amount of space, then I would just be wasting money. They would sound good but not to their potential.

Youtube link:

If anyone wants to watch the video, you can skip to about the 9:00 minute mark where I start the sound comparison.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Built my own box over a year ago. Sounds great. I had a SSA DCON 10" sub, but I'm now running a Memphis 10" sub. One thing that must be remembered when installing subs in any vehicle and trying to gain optimum sound/bass is the sub box requirement size. You get specifications with your sub that will have a range required for both sealed and ported boxes.

I did a video on my youtube channel where I compared 4 different subs with different specifications in the same box. It's hard to tell from the video that the sound is different, but it is. That's one of the reasons that I didn't go to a dual sub box. Unless I had the right sub that only required a small amount of space, then I would just be wasting money. They would sound good but not to their potential.

Youtube link:

If anyone wants to watch the video, you can skip to about the 9:00 minute mark where I start the sound comparison.
Do you know the dimensions of your box? Is it just sitting on top of the metal brackets on the floor where the plastic bin wall goes?

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know the dimensions of your box? Is it just sitting on top of the metal brackets on the floor where the plastic bin wall goes?
Sorry, It's been awhile so I can't remember the dimensions of the box. What I can tell you is that I built it to the size of the space I had to work with and then I partitioned it on the inside for the proper airspace for my 10" sub. I was using the remaining area for a storage compartment, but I since changed it and use it for my other amplifier.

But, I am about to change it again to accommodate two 8" subs. And yes it is sitting on top of the metal brackets. In fact, I have holes drilled in the bottom of the box. I put a rubber washer on the bolt and the box is bolted to the brackets.
Sponsored