Sponsored

Bulkhead (top left and right side) threading missing?!!

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
My gladiator was built sept/2019

I'm wondering from any of you who put this same rugged ridge soft folding bed cover on... Does your bracket sit flush on the bulk head or does it lean forward at the top?
Jeep Gladiator Bulkhead (top left and right side) threading missing?!! Screenshot_20210401-105931_Samsung Notes

I hope you can see the well nut (4) and washer (2) behind the plate (3) in my photo. I would describe the well nut as a top hat. When I pushed it 100% through the bulk head then when trying to put bolt (1) in, it kept turning and turning and it wasn't screwing in (probably not the correct term).

I end up pulling the well nut back out so only the brim of the top hat is in the bed with the washer on top. But this makes this bracket lean forward a bit.

Jeep Gladiator Bulkhead (top left and right side) threading missing?!! 20210331_182538
Sponsored

DrDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Overland
Occupation
Retired
I had the same issue with no threads in the front of the bed when I went to install my rugged ridge hard rolling cover. After reading through some othe replies I bought the Wetol rivet nut tool on Amazon for $39 and it worked great. I used an 8mm insert in the upper hole after I used a 7/16 drill bit on the hole. The lower hole fit the 6mm insert. It was the best solution I could find. I didn’t want to spend the additional money for the trail rail system.

64D8904F-8A68-4CE3-848E-EC9E9D00AA6F.jpeg

D1647D21-D110-4843-8908-94464F18E3AA.jpeg

CBB2C386-6B79-4324-A31F-31D29A4997D9.jpeg

Derby

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Senior Database Administrator
My new 2021 High Altitude Gladiator was missing the welded-on nuts also. I purchased the Mopar folding tonneau cover (part number: 82215617) which also stated the welded-on nuts should be there.

For anybody else that runs into this and wants a cheap and easy solution, here is what I did. I bought two M8 stainless flange locking nuts from my local store (70 cents each I believe). I folded a piece of scotch tape in half, sticky side out, and wrapped it around the nut, which I pushed into a deep well 13mm socket. The tape kept the nut from falling out of the socket but wasn't strong enough to make it difficult to pull the socket off. I used a small 1/4-inch breaker bar on the socket because the swivel on the breaker bar worked better than the standard 90 degree on a ratchet. Then I had to fish around with the nut in the socket to find the bolt and it was done in a few minutes.

BrianK16

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
My local Jeep dealer parts dept said there is a note in the parts system that anyone with a Gladiator built after a certain date ( I think something like April 2020 but not certain) needs two rivnuts.

Update: I'm editing this post because the rivnuts they sold me were too small. Don't use 0610 4885 AA with the larger bolts. They found larger rivnuts but I don't have a part number. Still not sure if it's even on the correct way, i'm going to have it checked and I'll update when I know for sure
Sponsored

Last edited: