First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1999 Wrangler TJ
Occupation
teacher
I would like to flat tow my JT sport. I'm looking for a bumper rated for flat towing. I'm also wanting to upgrade my plastic bumper and was hoping to kill two birds ... After hours of research I have come up with very little. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks
Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Rock Hard 4x4

Huntinjeep

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 CJ2A, 1972 Commando, 2002 TJ, 2005 TJ, 2019 JL
Rock Hard 4x4. My wife’s JL 4 door has a ROCK HARD 4X4™ FREEDOM SERIES on it and we have flat towed it behind our RV 8000+ miles and it works great. One thing I did like about it was that it has the lower plate that protects the steering box but it is heavy. Blue Ox hitch with adaptors. I ordered a Gladiator last month and am looking at what other options are out there for flat towing it and it does not look like much has been changed for options in the last two years. Let me know if you want to see pictures of the set up. I can post them.

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I judged the full width Rockhard bumper to be ~30 pounds heavier than the stock plastic bumper and skid plate. My front sank 1/8 of and inch when I installed the bumper. The Rockhard installation video shows a guy handling the bumper like it was a paper weight. I'm thinking he was installing the aluminum version (~$200 extra). I made a video where I (68 years old) lifted my steel bumper in place. I did the entire project by myself.

OP
OP

sroth2k

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1999 Wrangler TJ
Occupation
teacher
Thanks for all your help. I have seen the rock hard bumper. It’s good to know that it will not drop the front too far. I would like to see your install video. Thanks again.
Sponsored