Sponsored

Flat-tow setup with RR Arcus front bumper

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
This may be a long shot but just seeing if anyone has a flat-tow setup that fits under their RR arcus front bumper?

Looking to tow the gladiator behind a U-Haul for a cross country move and would rather not put her on a trailer.

Thanks!
Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
This may be a long shot but just seeing if anyone has a flat-tow setup that fits under their RR arcus front bumper?

Looking to tow the gladiator behind a U-Haul for a cross country move and would rather not put her on a trailer.

Thanks!
I am not familiar with that bumper, but I know some of the Rock Hard bumpers have a provision for connecting tabs that fit specific tow arm applications (e.g., Blue Ox). You could buy those mounting tabs if they happen to be compatible with your bumper. Otherwise, you may need to go with a traditional tow plate setup that would mount below your bumper. And then the electrical harness and receptacle for lights, a breakaway switch and cable, and a braking system. What tow arms would you be using to attach to the U Haul truck? You would need something with sufficient articulation for allow for any significant height differences between the vehicles.

Unless flat towing is something you plan to do after your move (with a motorhome or other large tow vehicle), it's a pretty expensive investment vs. renting a trailer or just driving the Gladiator.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I have a RR Arcus bumper. I use the Maximus-3 tow bar mounts and Blue Ox shackle mount adapters for the ends of my tow bar.
With the added thickness of the Maximus brackets, the provided bolts of the Arcus bumper were not long enough. No problem, I replaced them with some grade 8 bolts.
The Maximus mounts are less expensive than other flat towing options, but not cheap for a one time move. Especially when you add in the cost of the adapters, tow bar, braking system, etc.

cooltech 2.jpg

blue ox aventa lx.jpg

OP
OP
DrJ

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
Appreciate the feedback everyone. Definitely not looking cost effective for a single move!

JL Rockster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
I have a RR Arcus bumper. I use the Maximus-3 tow bar mounts and Blue Ox shackle mount adapters for the ends of my tow bar.
With the added thickness of the Maximus brackets, the provided bolts of the Arcus bumper were not long enough. No problem, I replaced them with some grade 8 bolts.
The Maximus mounts are less expensive than other flat towing options, but not cheap for a one time move. Especially when you add in the cost of the adapters, tow bar, braking system, etc.

Jeep Gladiator Flat-tow setup with RR Arcus front bumper blue ox aventa lx

Jeep Gladiator Flat-tow setup with RR Arcus front bumper blue ox aventa lx
Hi TJ, I like your setup!

Did you have to cut your ARCOS bumper, and were you able to install without removing the bumper?

I take it you have no issue with clearance (pivoting up/down of the tow bar)?

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Hi TJ, I like your setup!

Did you have to cut your ARCOS bumper, and were you able to install without removing the bumper?

I take it you have no issue with clearance (pivoting up/down of the tow bar)?
I did have to cut a little bit of clearance to the outer shell of the bumper. I just followed the directions/measurements that were provided for the stock bumper.
No up/down clearance issues with the Arcus bumpers.
Two camping seasons down with this combo. Can't wait for spring already.
Sponsored