Sponsored

Buying a gladiator in two weeks, still cant decide on the trim package ... Thoughts?

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
So, I just went out, sat in it, turned on the blinker, and only the front and back lights blink. Nothing on my mirrors blinked.
Hey, thanks a lot for doing that!

I really wonder what these things are for, or if I can retrofit some blinkers in there:
Jeep Gladiator Buying a gladiator in two weeks, still cant decide on the trim package ... Thoughts? 1602365903402
Sponsored

OP
OP

rhinomanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Hey, thanks a lot for doing that!

I really wonder what these things are for, or if I can retrofit some blinkers in there:
Jeep Gladiator Buying a gladiator in two weeks, still cant decide on the trim package ... Thoughts? 1602365903402
It certainly looks link a place for an LED blinker?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

rhinomanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Those look like the International version mirrors that have a blinker in them. There's a thread on here from someone who purchased and added them to his truck. He had an issue with the wiring to make it work.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...lights-on-na-spec-gladiator.31651/post-580255
Amazing they would have different wiring harnesses. Seems to be an issue on both front and back. Do you know if Jeep US sells better mirrors? I have to say it's my least favorite part of my Jeep

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
I just looked at the Gupton web site as they are 75 miles from me and off MSRP for a Majave they are giving about 8% off of MSRP.....Not much of a deal

[email protected] I think. Send him your options. Tell him you saw about his dealership here on Jeep Forum. He will send you a price sheet with your options. Both MSRP and Invoice. He does 6% off invoice plus 1% Tread Lightly Plus 1% for financing. Total 8% below Invoice. I ordered last week.

There is also a thread on here that has the invoice prices for all the models in a google doc.

Sponsored

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. JL....2017 Nissan 4x4 Pro4X.....2020 Jeep Gladiator....2019 Toyota Highlander AWD
Occupation
Owner....Freeman Tire Co. Inc.
[email protected] I think. Send him your options. Tell him you saw about his dealership here on Jeep Forum. He will send you a price sheet with your options. Both MSRP and Invoice. He does 6% off invoice plus 1% Tread Lightly Plus 1% for financing. Total 8% below Invoice. I ordered last week.

There is also a thread on here that has the invoice prices for all the models in a google doc.
I already got prices and bought a Gladiator about 3 months ago. Was just quoting what was on their web site. I got $6600.00 off MSRP of $55,000.00.....Got mine at Jason Lewis at Sparta, Tn.

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
I already got prices and bought a Gladiator about 3 months ago. Was just quoting what was on their web site. I got $6600.00 off MSRP of $55,000.00.....Got mine at Jason Lewis at Sparta, Tn.

Need to pay more attention to date stamp. :)

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. JL....2017 Nissan 4x4 Pro4X.....2020 Jeep Gladiator....2019 Toyota Highlander AWD
Occupation
Owner....Freeman Tire Co. Inc.
At the top of the post. Shows when each post is sent. May have gotten a few posts mixed up too!
My reply about Gupton was from another post sometime last week.....

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing they would have different wiring harnesses. Seems to be an issue on both front and back. Do you know if Jeep US sells better mirrors? I have to say it's my least favorite part of my Jeep
Jeep only has two mirrors for USA models, heated and standard. The other mirrors can be ordered, about $600 per pair, but the truck harness is apparently missing the line to trigger the blinker. It will be interesting to see if that changes for 2021 models.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
If you like turning a wrench get a sport s and upgrade it with rubicon take offs. Customize it a way you like.

If you have more money than time buy a Rubicon or Mojave.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My $0.02 for the OP - I've thoroughly enjoyed my Overland package. I also looked inside dozens of different models at the dealership, which seems to be Rubicon-heavy. The Overland was the one actually on the showroom floor inside - to me, that's a sign it's a nicer package they wanted to show off, and it worked for me. I couldn't see paying the prices they had on a Rubicon and not getting the level of interior I was used to on my various previous Rams - although I also recognize that for those that DO want the Rubicon's functionality, they will see the price as being worth it. My JT is my daily driver and I've always enjoyed nicer interiors - I like the leather seats and leather trim on the dash, and I also thoroughly enjoy the upgraded sound system mine came with.

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
If you like turning a wrench get a sport s and upgrade it with rubicon take offs. Customize it a way you like.

If you have more money than time buy a Rubicon or Mojave.
This is true to a point, depending on how you plan on wheeling it down the road. In 06, I purchased a 06 Wrangler X based on an opinion just like you stated. After having it awhile I got bit by the off-roading bug and started to look at upgrades. What I found is the stuff on the Rubicon (D44 Axles, F/R lockers, 4:1 xfer case was a must have (or at least highly desirable) to do any true off-roading. The price to upgrade my X with these features FAR exceeded the xtra $$ it would have cost me to get the Rubicon to start with. I ended up selling the X and getting a Rubicon and continuing the build from there and am glad I did. YMMV.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
This is true to a point, The price to upgrade my X with these features FAR exceeded the xtra $$ it would have cost me to get the Rubicon to start with. I ended up selling the X and getting a Rubicon and continuing the build from there and am glad I did. YMMV.
The Mojave has such a special suspension setup I don't think it's a good idea to get the Mojave and change it, unless you only want the reinforced frame.
If you get the Mojave you're keeping the suspension stock.

The rubicon and sport s, are both good options to buy and use as is or upgrade. Depends on what you have more of, time or money.
Sponsored