Sponsored

calibrating speedometer for 37” tires

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I wonder how soon after the Gladiator is at dealerships, they will sell and install the 2” lift and 35” tires. I assume they will be able to calibrate the speedometer, of course.

I wonder if they will be able to and OK with calibrating it for 37” tires, but because of fear of liability probably not. So we would need to wait for AEV to come out with the calibrator, so no 37” until then?
Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I wonder how soon after the Gladiator is at dealerships, they will sell and install the 2” lift and 35” tires. I assume they will be able to calibrate the speedometer, of course.

I wonder if they will be able to and OK with calibrating it for 37” tires, but because of fear of liability probably not. So we would need to wait for AEV to come out with the calibrator, so no 37” until then?
They definitely can calibrate the speedo but whether or not they will is TBD. I always take my JK to Teraflex when I replace tires. They have the same software FCA uses and they usually help customers without question. Not a good option for anyone outside of Utah though, so hopefully a tool is released soon.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

There's NO reason the Tazer JL programmer won't work on the Gladiator.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
AEV is not the only company that offers a calibration for bigger tires. Wait for AEV! LMAO!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
AEV was the way to go for the JK.

However, they still haven't released a programmer for the JL and we are coming up on the third model year...

Superchips Flashcal and Tazer are the popular options for the JL and probably the Gladiator. Both brands had their product out within months of the JL releasing.

Sponsored

PalmerJeepRoswell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Parts Manager

On the JL Chrysler has available calibrations for 37's. So I assume there will be the same for the JT in the next few weeks. It cost $200.00 so add the calibration. We sold the two Gladiators we got in so the next one we get in will be lifted with Mopar 2 inch and we will test fit 37s on it.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
On the JL Chrysler has available calibrations for 37's. So I assume there will be the same for the JT in the next few weeks. It cost $200.00 so add the calibration. We sold the two Gladiators we got in so the next one we get in will be lifted with Mopar 2 inch and we will test fit 37s on it.
At $200 I'll just as soon order a programmer so I can have the flexibility in the future. Hope my dealer will just do it for free after I've thrown thousands more on wheels, tires, and a lift.

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
1 month later.. any update?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone use this for Speedo calibration after bigger tires. Haven't heard of it but it looks like it would do the trick

https://ecri.app/

NC4stroker

First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Jeep GC L, 2020 Ram 3500 DRW
Occupation
Optometrist

The dealership did mine yesterday. $130ish after tax, as you have to purchase the reflash from MOPAR before they can do it.
Sponsored