Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I see the Texas Trail Edition has a separate thread, so I thought I'd start one for the California Edition. It looks like it's a Sport S with black trim/accessories: gloss black Sport S wheels, gloss black Sport S fog lamp bezels, gloss black grille, gloss black dash panels, and black stitching.

Nothing special overall, but the black dash panels actually look pretty good...

Jeep Gladiator California Edition Gladiator Trim ca_edition

Jeep Gladiator California Edition Gladiator Trim ca_edition2

Jeep Gladiator California Edition Gladiator Trim ca_edition3
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
The black dash panel is a nice touch; I’m not a fan of too much colour in the interior. Easy to swap or paint so obviously not a reason to buy this, but looks like a decent package for some.

Sponsored

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
Black dash looks to be gloss, piano black. That is a nightmare to keep looking nice. Hopefully I am wrong and it is satin or flat.
How do you see the additional colors, Nacho and Sarge? I pull up the build page and only see the 50 shades of grey that we were punished with after gator and Gobi were stolen from us.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
Are the fender lights smoked too? They look odd in that 2nd pic

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
It would be pretty awesome if it said Californication across the hood.

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Kind of expected a more ‘brighter’ edition, kind of like the Wrangler islander edition with the white top. Maybe a Florida or Key West edition could be in the works and offer this? Here is hoping....
I do like the yellow, that should be the only color for Cali Edition, and something on the hood would be nice (maybe it’s under the badge?)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DirkG

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
How do you see the additional colors, Nacho and Sarge? I pull up the build page and only see the 50 shades of grey that we were punished with after gator and Gobi were stolen from us.
Yeah I noticed that in the Build & Price as well. If you go to Limited Editions on the Gladiator menu (see below), click on California Edition and it will bring up the colors shown in my first post. However, you'll notice it includes Nacho, but no Sarge (?).

Jeep Gladiator California Edition Gladiator Trim limited_2021

OP
OP
DirkG

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Are the fender lights smoked too? They look odd in that 2nd pic
Good catch...it doesn't mention that in any of the verbiage, nor does it show in the other pics, but it does look sweet in that front shot.

OP
OP
DirkG

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Kind of expected a more ‘brighter’ edition, kind of like the Wrangler islander edition with the white top. Maybe a Florida or Key West edition could be in the works and offer this? Here is hoping....
I do like the yellow, that should be the only color for Cali Edition, and something on the hood would be nice (maybe it’s under the badge?)
I'm like you, I don't see what's "California" about some blacked-out Sport S parts. As of this writing, there aren't any decals or badges. The Texas Trail at least has hood decals and embroidering on its leather seats.

@pixeldecals, hook Jeep up with some proper CA decalling! :rock:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
damn now that is the dash panels I wish had came with all trims. hate all the color.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
California gold color for the golden state with a soft top and some more prospector Easter eggs would be cool.

I don't care about the black interior. I'm fine with mine. Piano black is a nightmare to keep clean of scratches, finger smudges, grime, and just keeping it shiny. I much prefer a soft satin finish.

As for the black 17" Sport S rims... you can just rattle can or Plastidip them if you want.
Sponsored