Camper buildouts - lets see them!

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Let's see how you're building out the inside of your bed if you have a shell, or a pop-up! How are you utilizing that space? How did you build it out, if you did? What would you do differently? Do you run power? How did you make it fit?

I have an Ovrlnd Pop-up camper and trying to figure out what I want to do inside it.
Besides adding 1” polyiso insulation. I haven’t done much else yet.

F987BD98-2DB9-4D6D-95E0-63C4E9D9E3E9.jpeg
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should look at the AluCab canopy camper roll call thread.
I look at that every time there is an update, but also feel it's very specific to AluCabs, though there are some great build ideas there. I'm interested in what folks are doing inside other campers, or even just under a shell. A lot of what I'm finding online and on youtube are in full-size trucks with huge, long beds. I'm curious how people are utilizing the space on these trucks to sleep in, and with different campers.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Yes, but it is currently for sale at Asheville Vehicles Outfitters.
Tell me more about that slide you have deployed with your stove on it please.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Tell me more about that slide you have deployed with your stove on it please.
It is made by Expedition Essentials for the Cook Partners Stove. Best thing ever.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I look at that every time there is an update, but also feel it's very specific to AluCabs, though there are some great build ideas there. I'm interested in what folks are doing inside other campers, or even just under a shell. A lot of what I'm finding online and on youtube are in full-size trucks with huge, long beds. I'm curious how people are utilizing the space on these trucks to sleep in, and with different campers.
There are a lot of ACCC specific things, but there are also a lot of great ideas there that can apply to any camper, any bed length.

I have a Contour Canopy on my JT now and am doing a much simpler build as we plan to buy a trailer.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
A lot of builds use Goose Gear systems as a starting point. As others mention, the ACC is pictured in most builds because it's popular but you can apply these to almost anything. Check out the websites of other canopy systems mentioned in my screenshot... AT Overland has some sweet build outs. You might want to head over to 4 Wheel Campers website to see what people do with the Project-M builds.

My buildout is post #1 here = https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/alu-cab-contour-canopy-roll-call-not-camper.63471/

Jeep Gladiator Camper buildouts - lets see them! 1672803456810

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's an example from my DIY build. The interior turned out very comfortable. Just finished it last fall. There's a lot of pictures in my thread at the bottom of this posting.
Jeep Gladiator Camper buildouts - lets see them! IMG_7015.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Camper buildouts - lets see them! IMG_7683.JPG

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I just picked up the 1st production line Project M Camper from 4 Wheel Campers last week. In the process of building up the inside in time for 9 days in Moab for the EJS. Lots of options for the inside and I decided to spend the money on the camper and not the kitchen. The MORryde Trail Kitchen for the JK/JL seemed to be a good option for me that didn't cost $5000. Put a 60L National Luna dual control fridge on top, works for me well. Still working on storing gear and such plus a bench seat in the back. Will post up more pics soon. You can check it out at the vendor show in Moab at the Midland booth.

PM Desertt Rays_inPixio.jpg

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
I just picked up the 1st production line Project M Camper from 4 Wheel Campers last week. In the process of building up the inside in time for 9 days in Moab for the EJS. Lots of options for the inside and I decided to spend the money on the camper and not the kitchen. The MORryde Trail Kitchen for the JK/JL seemed to be a good option for me that didn't cost $5000. Put a 60L National Luna dual control fridge on top, works for me well. Still working on storing gear and such plus a bench seat in the back. Will post up more pics soon. You can check it out at the vendor show in Moab at the Midland booth.

Jeep Gladiator Camper buildouts - lets see them! PM Desertt Rays_inPixio
The Project-M looks great on the JT. I worked for a company that sold a lot of 4Wheel Campers and I was bugging them all the time about the Project-M (mainly because I wanted one at the time). Happy to see that they finally released it.

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Gladiator Camper buildouts - lets see them! PM Desertt Rays_inPixio
Would love to see pics of how you're building it up inside.