Camping with your Gladiator

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Freedom Edition, 1983 Postal Jeep
Near term I actually have a basic tent I plan to use to take my family camping over the coming months, but I have a long term goal of getting a rack and RTT set up someday, perhaps next year.

Of course, I have the problem of there being 4 of us and I question if an RTT would even work, but I can cross that bridge when I get there.
Right now I have a family of 5 (5yo/3yo/1yo) and the Smittybilt XL is big enough for us. It is about a foot longer than a king size bed, so if you can all fit on a king size bed then you would have room in one of the big tents.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I have a family of 5 (5yo/3yo/1yo) and the Smittybilt XL is big enough for us. It is about a foot longer than a king size bed, so if you can all fit on a king size bed then you would have room in one of the big tents.
We have the same tent and it fits us and our two kids comfortably.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Near term I actually have a basic tent I plan to use to take my family camping over the coming months, but I have a long term goal of getting a rack and RTT set up someday, perhaps next year.

Of course, I have the problem of there being 4 of us and I question if an RTT would even work, but I can cross that bridge when I get there.
You just need to get a big RTT. And how cozy does your family like to get?

For comparison, a standard 4-person tent (Kelty) is 97"x79" and a Tepui Autana 4 is 96"x72". 23Zero's "5-person" RTT is a whopping 96"x87" (little bit of sarcasm).

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
We keep it pretty simple. Some of these are a year old. If you live in Nevada I might spare a spot or two of mine lol.

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator F17E3D5B-DE76-4385-9B04-6169A9D7822D

Another Reno guy here!

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I don’t think I’ve seen your rig on the west side of town. I know we have a few other sting grays over here though.
Yep over there every day for work. Out by Mayberry business Park

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
What’s inside that rig of yours?
queen bunk at back, alum frame riding on 1" steel pipe that can drop into grooves at different heights, we can push it up to roof to get out of way for cargo duty if needed, under it is a queen size futon which can also come out easy for cargo duty, middle has a shelving unit with a goal zero 1500x 140 ah power plant on top, think ikea kids storage with the plastic tubs about 4-5' high, a domestic cfx-75 fridge/freezer (makes 2 seats), a chair, a drop down table between chair and fridge, front (the vee) is kitchen area, have a plywood on 2x4 construction flat kitchen area, then a full size matching shelf under it, there's a rubber maid tote converted to kitchen sink, there's another storage unit on top in the vee, a 20 litre water jug rides up high with a spout to sink, underneath is pretty open but there's now a Webasto 2kw diesel heater under there, my propane tank lives up in the vee also but don't need it much anymore unless cooking inside, there is a 100 cfm vent line fan over the kitchen area for cooking/pooping, potty is pretty basic into garbage bag set up (I only have boys, we're not fussy) under bottom kitchen shelf rides a home built shower that can mount to roof and drive from a 2 gallon weed sprayer with a sink veggie washer nozzle (think hoola hoop, shower curtain and hot water tank drain pain), the man door is framed in 2x4 and has a phantom screen, the rear barn doors are also 2x4 framed in to accept those toy hauler roll down screens...so we don't need a/c and we can open up doors/windows and get way better flow than any tent but are fully screened for bugs, dual electrical 12v/110v, 360w of renogy solar panels up top charges the power plant or shore power when we can, custom aluminum diesel fuel tank rides on the hitch now for the diesel heater and spare tire moved to exterior rear of fender on drivers side, music comes from bluetooth speakers (Sony), and the roof and under the floor have structural spray foam insulation, will have to update the instagram as lots of changes this spring since we spent 9 weekends straight on the ice fishing this winter, the biggest was going to the diesel fired heater for dry heat and ditching the bottom queen bed for the futon so more ice fishing holes can be put in and add versatility although I lost some trunk space under that bottom queen bed doing so, shouldn't vary too much from this configuration now as we've been camping out of it for quite a few years and a different cargo before this one

couple pop up stools allow 4 to play cards around table if needed, now that the futon went in it could take 4 more for some ice fishing visiting and cocktails

it's pretty amazing what you can do with a 6x14 vee nose and ~90 square feet ;)

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
Packed up and headed to Grayling Michigan for some fly and kayak fishing with my son and son in law. Had a great time.
Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator {filename}

Made some corn bread in the Dutch oven and a big pot of chili. It was great on a cool evening.

Hank
Sponsored