Sponsored

Can You Lock Rear Differential in 4High?

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Plan on getting it done next time to the dealer. I asked about doing this, and the service tech knew nothing of this TSB. Will take a copy of it to the dealer next time.
Gotcha, was gonna ask a favor and see if they knew anything about updating the DTCM for the 20’ Rubicons, but if they didn’t know about the Mojave’s I’m guessing they definitely won’t know about the Rubi’s…..

I still would be interested to know what version DTCM you are currently running and what they flash It to, highly doubtful the Rubis are the same tho….
Sponsored

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Gotcha, was gonna ask a favor and see if they knew anything about updating the DTCM for the 20’ Rubicons, but if they didn’t know about the Mojave’s I’m guessing they definitely won’t know about the Rubi’s…..

I still would be interested to know what version DTCM you are currently running and what they flash It to, highly doubtful the Rubis are the same tho….
Probably will be a month or two before I take it in, but when I brought it up the last time just two months ago, he hooked up his pad to my Mojave and said there were no open bulletins. So my guess, this is not showing up as a "required" bulletin, but an optional bulletin if that makes any sense.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
If I go to the dealer I will, but I really hate going to a dealer
Gotcha, we’ll as i said to Dakotaz, if you do go and remember, please ask them if this would apply to Gladiators as well, or if they run separate DTCM versions (which 99% sure they would) but just curious if theirs any other info out there from other dealers. I love my dealer, been out drinking with their head/lead mechanic / foreman quite a few times. He’s done some discreet work for me in their shop as well. Anyways, They were doing the PCM recall on my truck and I asked them to activate my locker in 4hi along with the recall. He came out and i sort of explained the issue, told me he’d see what he could do but wasn’t sure if he had access/capability to do that specifically (he hadn’t known about the TSB either) and by the time I found It again and showed It to him, they already had my truck finished and waiting outside. He did say his first thought was a DTCM update but he couldn’t find one for my truck (20 Rubi, DTCM was up to date already) Then again they were SLAMMED and they already had my truck pulled out and another customers car pulled in…,so he tells me he’ll look into It deeper for me and just text me what he finds. Not sure if that just meant “sorry had we known the TSB up front we would’ve done It, now it’ll be the next time you come in” sort of thing.,.but then again I trust em, and he did say he looked and my DTCM was up to date….so maybe It can’t be done on Rubi’s?!?!?!

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Gotcha, we’ll as i said to Dakotaz, if you do go and remember, please ask them if this would apply to Gladiators as well, or if they run separate DTCM versions (which 99% sure they would) but just curious if theirs any other info out there from other dealers. I love my dealer, been out drinking with their head/lead mechanic / foreman quite a few times. He’s done some discreet work for me in their shop as well. Anyways, They were doing the PCM recall on my truck and I asked them to activate my locker in 4hi along with the recall. He came out and i sort of explained the issue, told me he’d see what he could do but wasn’t sure if he had access/capability to do that specifically (he hadn’t known about the TSB either) and by the time I found It again and showed It to him, they already had my truck finished and waiting outside. He did say his first thought was a DTCM update but he couldn’t find one for my truck (20 Rubi, DTCM was up to date already) Then again they were SLAMMED and they already had my truck pulled out and another customers car pulled in…,so he tells me he’ll look into It deeper for me and just text me what he finds. Not sure if that just meant “sorry had we known the TSB up front we would’ve done It, now it’ll be the next time you come in” sort of thing.,.but then again I trust em, and he did say he looked and my DTCM was up to date….so maybe It can’t be done on Rubi’s?!?!?!
Eric they didn't see it on mine either. Said everything is up to date but it will not lock in 4 Hi. Obviously the bulletin is published, but as I said earlier I am guessing it is not a critical bulletin, safety or otherwise so it is not being shown as missing. I'll reach out to my guy with the bulletin number and see what he has to say. The Rubi should be the same as the Mojave I would think.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Eric they didn't see it on mine either. Said everything is up to date but it will not lock in 4 Hi. Obviously the bulletin is published, but as I said earlier I am guessing it is not a critical bulletin, safety or otherwise so it is not being shown as missing. I'll reach out to my guy with the bulletin number and see what he has to say. The Rubi should be the same as the Mojave I would think.
Did you get any update on this? I need to take mine in for the misfire recall and would love to get my rear locker working in 4hi. I confirmed it doesn't currently work. I have a very early (April '19) build jtr and had to get the selective tire fill update as well.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure they would be the same, the more I think about It the more I think the Mojave’s would be different. The Mojave’s don’t even have a front locker, with that said, I would assume the 2020 Rubicons would have the same as 21’ + Rubicons……it’s very strange that both of ours are stated to be “up-to-date”

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get any update on this? I need to take mine in for the misfire recall and would love to get my rear locker working in 4hi. I confirmed it doesn't currently work. I have a very early (April '19) build jtr and had to get the selective tire fill update as well.
I haven’t heard back from my guy at the dealership, which means he probably found nothing, (he also told me, as @Dakotaz stated, mine was fully updated/no update available). So, it’s looking more like we’re not getting It (without the Tazer of course)

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
No the Service Mgr just said to bring it in and he will look at it.

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales

Eric just had this done at the Dealer. In the notes the Service Tech wrote "Flashed DTCM form old part number 68416518AA to new part number 68483374AB. The flash was covered under warranty.

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eric just had this done at the Dealer. In the notes the Service Tech wrote "Flashed DTCM form old part number 68416518AA to new part number 68483374AB. The flash was covered under warranty.
Awesome thanks for the update! Unfortunately my her just hit 60k, I did ask them to do It previously and they didn’t know what to do I think so hopefully they’ll remember and do It free of charge! You had a 2020 JTR correct?

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Awesome thanks for the update! Unfortunately my her just hit 60k, I did ask them to do It previously and they didn’t know what to do I think so hopefully they’ll remember and do It free of charge! You had a 2020 JTR correct?
Eric have the JTM. 2020.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eric have the JTM. 2020.
Oh right right….should be the same idea tho. Thanks again….

Edit: just checked all gladiator trims use the same transfer case control module, your sure they didn’t actually swap the module right?

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Oh right right….should be the same idea tho. Thanks again….

Edit: just checked all gladiator trims use the same transfer case control module, your sure they didn’t actually swap the module right?
Eric the work order says it was flashed from old part number to new part number. Warranty .2 hours. If you want a copy of the work order send me your email by PM.
Sponsored