You can, potentially, lock yourself out

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Keep in mind the Sirius Guardian package is only available with the 8.4 infotainment system.

Kevin
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
You ever seen a dog be triggered by something, paw at things and roll the window down? Yeah, it's happened - dog hit the window switch and actually accidentally opened a window and hopped out. Be careful with that. I'd had friends tell of their dogs turning AC on, AC off, shutting engine down, roll windows down or up, unlock doors, whatever. Some breeds are happy to sit or lay, some - not so much.
My friend has a new Yukon. Brought it over to show it off and her boxer locked the keys in it with it running. Weā€™re not even sure how it locked with the keys in it.

Had to call Onstar.

Just yesterday, my girlfriends jack russel/shih tzu mutt was in the car with me rolling down 3 windows at the same time while she was inside a store. He doesnā€™t sit still much.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You ever seen a dog be triggered by something, paw at things and roll the window down? Yeah, it's happened - dog hit the window switch and actually accidentally opened a window and hopped out. Be careful with that. I'd had friends tell of their dogs turning AC on, AC off, shutting engine down, roll windows down or up, unlock doors, whatever. Some breeds are happy to sit or lay, some - not so much.
Excellent point. My dog is always in a crate in the car. Even in the back of the Subaru. Its safer for everyone and it keeps the filth and ticks out of the interior.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent point. My dog is always in a crate in the car. Even in the back of the Subaru. Its safer for everyone and it keeps the filth and ticks out of the interior.
Just don't want anyone's hairy child to get hurt..........

My boss's German Shepherds stayed put, out of "trouble". Luckily as I could see one of them knocking a wrecker into gear while he was hooking up a car. He always took one of them with him when he went out on night calls (security and companionship)

Modern vehicles can't be knocked into gear - but years ago even that happened to someone I knew. Thankfully, not a problem these days.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just don't want anyone's hairy child to get hurt..........

My boss's German Shepherds stayed put, out of "trouble". Luckily as I could see one of them knocking a wrecker into gear while he was hooking up a car. He always took one of them with him when he went out on night calls (security and companionship)

Modern vehicles can't be knocked into gear - but years ago even that happened to someone I knew. Thankfully, not a problem these days.
He and I hunt or hike together probably 100 days per year. Most of that is Hiking. But he and I are very close I wouldnā€™t want anything to happen to him either.

I donā€™t need to be able to touch him while Iā€™m driving.

The Gladiator is going to get a cap and his crate is going to be strapped down in the back of the gladiator.

he is a 55 pound German shorthair/American lab mix. The best dog Iā€™ve ever owned.

Jeep Gladiator You can, potentially, lock yourself out B4E9A0AF-0D27-4401-8FEC-F5F9D2E5CF82

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Keep in mind the Sirius Guardian package is only available with the 8.4 infotainment system.

Kevin
Interesting. I've only got the 7 inch screen. How does that affect the remote start then? If at all.

Sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Steel Fabrication
If you try to close a locked cab door on the Gladiator with the fob inside, it yells at you and unlocks the doors.
Unless you do it three timesā€¦

Kevin
That's what mine did the other day when I forgot my key in the cup holder and used the button on the door. I have the 8.4 infotainment system but not the proximity locks.

Mark

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Interesting. I've only got the 7 inch screen. How does that affect the remote start then? If at all.
Remote start is included with the cold weather package or convenience group.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Remote start is included with the cold weather package.
Don't have that either. It is a diesel. Does that count? found it. So this is part of an option package ?!
Jeep Gladiator You can, potentially, lock yourself out Screenshot_20211107-181454

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Don't have that either. It is a diesel. Does that count? found it. So this is part of an option package ?!
Screenshot_20211107-181454.png
Your remote start is part of the, ā€œS,ā€ trim, in your case package 26S.
Remote Start and Sirius Guardian are two different options. You wonā€™t have the latter.

Kevin

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Your remote start is part of the, ā€œS,ā€ trim, in your case package 26S.
Remote Start and Sirius Guardian are two different options. You wonā€™t have the latter.

Kevin
No, his remote start is part of the popular equipment package.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
This is why the fob never leaves my pocket.

The only exception is when Iā€˜m airing up, and constantly checking the tire pressure display on the dash from outside. It wonā€™t display the tire pressures unless the fob is in close proximity. Itā€™ll just say ā€œFob not in vehicleā€.

I put the fob in the truck while Iā€™m messing with the tires, but make sure to leave a door or two open while Iā€™m outside.

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Its interesting. There are benefits of being able to lock the key in the car.

My Subaru allowed this. If I was out with my dog, I would leave the car running with him inside and the AC on. then lock the car.
I can do this on my JTR. You can start it up, lock the doors and walk away with the fob. You can even drive away without the fob once it's started. You just won't be able to restart it if you turn it off later without it.

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
2. I always open a cabin door before opening trunk....going on 10yr this way.
This is what I do now by habit when I finish a ride. Especially in the summer, it also helps cool the cab before I get in.