DesertGladiator

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I still want to order a Base + Sasquatch on principle, especially since I have a dream that would somehow force Jeep to do XR Sports.

That being said, I just go watch videos of Broncos breaking tie rods and then I feel better

For sure. Sasquatch package should have came with a solid front axle.
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I run a soft-top JTR and love it.... I saw a new bronco with the soft top the other day... What is the deal with all the wrinkles on the windows and the droopy top ? Are they kidding ? It does not even look OEM.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
While not as bad as a two year wait, Jeep did a similar thing with the Gladiator at launch. They advertised a "Launch Edition" and for a short time in the beginning, that was the only thing they would let buyers order before going into normal ordering and dealer allocations. It made those buyers think they were getting the very first Gladiators off the assembly line to only find out it was not the case. Jeep spaced out many months of those Launch Editions manufacture with many still on dealers lots over a year after launch from pre order buyers walking away from the ordeal.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I don’t blame you for canceling. I was intrigued by the hype of the Bronco but Ford has made this a real shit show from day 1. I’ve been a Jeep guy my entire adult life and for now will remain a Jeep guy as I’ve been pleased with my JL and my Gladiator. My Gladiator serves way more purposes for my needs than a Bronco would so it has kept me from really desiring the latest and greatest that Ford offers. And no way would I pay a dime over MSRP for a Bronco. Heck, I bought my first Gladiator at $5,000 under MSRP less than 3 months after they hit the dealership lots.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I initially ordered a 2Dr Badlands, then realized that front steering rack and tie rods will not hold up to the type of rock crawling I like to do,
Had that confirmed numerous times with people breaking them with any wheel speed or hop
and found, and fixed up a 2004 TJR and bought the 2020 JTR to tow it.

Technically I think my BaseSquatch is still on order. If it ever arrives I guess I have a decision to make on whether or not I want a Mall Crawler, but there is no way I am taking that thing over rocks

Last edited:

Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Toyota just as bad. I don't blame you. I found a 4runner for the wife this week after spending hours searching their crappy system that only lists dealers near your zip code. I do a preliminary deal at MSRP on the phone. I get there and they add a 5k market adjustment and a 3k Toyo guard, plus dealer fee of 995 and delivery fee of 1500. Basically, every line filled on their invoice. I couldn't imagine spending a 5k market adjustment on a 44k car.

For all you thinking Jeep is bad, holy shit Toyota nightmare experience and total waste of time.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Trust me your order will not get cancelled. They will still let it ride and sell it with ADM as an abandoned order.

I purposely waited to order for things to get sorted out a bit. I finally placed my order on January 31st 2022. Got a build date a few weeks ago for the week of 4/25. And just got my blend date of 4/27 with my window sticker yesterday.

OP
OP
DesertGladiator

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Trust me your order will not get cancelled. They will still let it ride and sell it with ADM as an abandoned order.

I purposely waited to order for things to get sorted out a bit. I finally placed my order on January 31st 2022. Got a build date a few weeks ago for the week of 4/25. And just got my blend date of 4/27 with my window sticker yesterday.
I hear a lot of these stories and none of this adds up. Kudos to you but this is what left us scratching our heads. I even cancelled my tow package in January hoping to get bumped up.... crickets.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear a lot of these stories and none of this adds up. Kudos to you but this is what left us scratching our heads. I even cancelled my tow package in January hoping to get bumped up.... crickets.

Hey trust me I feel bad for getting scheduled way before others. But really it's all about dealer choice, constraints and luck of the draw. I actually put in my first order with Chapman. But there were probably 300+ above me. That one won't get scheduled for a few years with how they got screwed on allocations. So I placed another order with a different dealer who had seventy orders and, according to them, a decent amount of allocations left for the year. This is an MSRP deal and Chapman was a below invoice deal. So I bumped up my order there to a Big Bend Sasquatch. The second order is for a Black Diamond non Sasquatch. I'll drive that one until the other gets built and then trade in.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase

I ordered mine through Chapman, which is where I purchased my JT and my wife's Ranger.
I am confident Tom will give me the option to buy it before doing anything else.
They have been a stand up dealership.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine through Chapman, which is where I purchased my JT and my wife's Ranger.
I am confident Tom will give me the option to buy it before doing anything else.
They have been a stand up dealership.
Yeah no worries with Chapman. I bought my JT there as well as two other vehicles. I know it's going to be a while unless they change the allocation system.
Sponsored