Cancelled my Bronco

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Coming up on 2 years in July since I initially reserved my Bronco and still nothing. They've sent me all the swag, sent us to desert driving events.... nothing still. Really pisses me off when I drive by the big Ford dealers here in Phoenix and they have a dozen sitting on their lot selling 15K over sticker and yet their loyal customers are still left hanging. Called Ford several times and get the same excuses.

Been a Ford guy all my life but they really did a disservice to their loyalists. Luckily, I still love my Gladiator. šŸ»
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Brand loyalties are silly, IMO. That's how you end up with bad things happening, like waiting two years for a Bronco.

OP
OP
DesertGladiator

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I hear ya. I was initially excited, loved the looks and the hype. It was going to be for the wife so she's all butt-hurt but gets it.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
People should drive what makes them happy. I am not fan of the Bronco, but that doesnā€™t make it a bad vehicle. Supply shortages have made the roll out a nightmare for a company that has been known to run a tight ship. You donā€™t sell more trucks than anyone else for so many years by mistake. Ford runs a world class operation, they just happen to have rolled out this hyped up SUV during one of the most challenging of times.

Re: the wife, just get her a 4XE. Itā€™ll be here in 8 weeks.

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a 4 door Badlands ordered in White but I am in the same boat will be cancelling mine as well just picked up my 22 Gladiator in Mar

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertGladiator

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The point I'm trying to make gents is that there are Broncos on the lots, dealer allocated marked up Broncos, that aren't being sold to customers with deposits that have been waiting 2 years. Covid or not, there are built trucks on dealer lots.

I could honestly care less about a Ford or a Chevy or a Dodge. It's the principle.

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The point I'm trying to make gents is that there are Broncos on the lots, dealer allocated marked up Broncos, that aren't being sold to customers with deposits that have been waiting 2 years. Covid or not, there are built trucks on dealer lots.

I could honestly care less about a Ford or a Chevy or a Dodge. It's the principle.
Exactly and that is the dealership being greedy, because if you would find something that would suit you the dealership could sell it to you at the order cost but they wont

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it

So Iā€™m not getting it. You mean to say that when they initially announced the roll out for these things, people put down deposits at certain dealerships for the first ones but they were never built or delivered? Then as time went by they started delivering them but refused to sell them to you?

Iā€™m just trying to understand what the heck is going on. They just never built the specific one you wanted but instead built others with different specs for the dealer to sell?

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
That is exactly what was going on @Dryfly24. The reservation Broncos were delivered and some Dealers said hey your Bronco is here but we aren't going to sell it to you at the price you ordered it at, but you can have it for an additional $20k+.
  • People made reservations for first run Broncos sat through all of the delays
  • The Dealers found out that the New Bronco was a hot commodity and (some owners not all were flipping their Broncos for twice what they paid for it.)
  • Reservation Trucks started getting delivered to the Dealer and the Dealers wanted to add $20K+ in ADM dealer price increases to reservation orders.
  • When that created a crap storm the Dealers went to Ford and said we should get our vehicles first because we are missing out on all that juicy ADM money! Ford complied and started the weird allocation model that favored only their biggest Dealers and forced reservation holders to wait some more.
  • Add to that MIC top and chip shortages things went really sideways!
I ordered mine outside of the reservation model and it was built in 6 mos and delivered. I refused because I initially wanted a Gladiator and decided I would rather have a truck so I went back to my original choice.

For that reason, and because of all of the issues they were having with the Bronco V6 and QC were concerning, I went back to the Gladiator and I'm glad I did.

The dealers were also coming up with weird ADM shell games for new F150 Lightning reservation holders. Basically selling allocation slots, to the highest bidder regardless of who placed the original reservation. I haven't been keeping up with that deal, but I think Ford finally said to if you do crazy pricing things to the Lightning the Dealer would lose their entire allocation or something like that.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43798...150-lightning-allocations-from-greedy-dealers

OP
OP
DesertGladiator

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Pretty much what Shopshirt said.

I was told by my dealer that deposit customers/reservation holders accounted for approximately 1/3 of dealer allocations. Dealers are now chocked full of new Broncos selling at a premium, and those that have already left deposits are still waiting. Dealers got even more fat when reservation holders cancelled their orders at delivery. The dealer would in turn, mark that said Bronco up 15-20k and sell it.

I realize I can sit and b*tch all day blah blah blah but I think Ford could have played this better for their loyal customers. In the end, they're an enormous money making machine so I kind of get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertGladiator

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
So Iā€™m not getting it. You mean to say that when they initially announced the roll out for these things, people put down deposits at certain dealerships for the first ones but they were never built or delivered? Then as time went by they started delivering them but refused to sell them to you?

Iā€™m just trying to understand what the heck is going on. They just never built the specific one you wanted but instead built others with different specs for the dealer to sell?
Correct, reservation holders placed deposits to be "first in line". There were delays such as hard tops, tow packages and now chips. Like I said above, customers accounted for approximately 1/3 dealer allocations so I could be waiting for my specific truck, yet, the exact same spec Bronco could very well be sitting on the dealer lot with a 20K premium mark up. Over on the Bronco6G forum apparently this is happening quite a bit.

I received an email from Ford last month asking if we were willing to receive our Broncos with "missing" microchips that performed certain functions such as infotainment, towing, etc.... and that Ford would ship these "chips" to the dealer once received. So essentially you'd be receiving a truck with missing equipment in the hopes that it'd be working someday.

I'm told this is happening with new F150 and F250's as well.

Shennanigans.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Correct, reservation holders placed deposits to be "first in line". There were delays such as hard tops, tow packages and now chips. Like I said above, customers accounted for approximately 1/3 dealer allocations so I could be waiting for my specific truck, yet, the exact same spec Bronco could very well be sitting on the dealer lot with a 20K premium mark up. Over on the Bronco6G forum apparently this is happening quite a bit.

I received an email from Ford last month asking if we were willing to receive our Broncos with "missing" microchips that performed certain functions such as infotainment, towing, etc.... and that Ford would ship these "chips" to the dealer once received. So essentially you'd be receiving a truck with missing equipment in the hopes that it'd be working someday.

I'm told this is happening with new F150 and F250's as well.

Shennanigans.
If this is true, and they can have the exact same build sitting on the dealership floor, they could have built the one youā€™ve been waiting for. I canā€™t believe no oneā€™s filed a lawsuit or that anyone would even be willing to continue waiting. Iā€™d tell them to shove it where the sun never shines and move on to something else.

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is exactly what people are doing I ordered my new gladiator and 10 weeks later it was in my driveway

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Thatā€™s flat out dishonest. Good for you. More need to cancel for this kind of thing to stop, across all manufacturers.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I still want to order a Base + Sasquatch on principle, especially since I have a dream that would somehow force Jeep to do XR Sports.

That being said, I just go watch videos of Broncos breaking tie rods and then I feel better

Sponsored