Sponsored

Can't access tazer mini after uconnect update

Kewlrobd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Uconnect performed an update yesterday. Now when at the radio screen left arrow / cancel button combo does not enter the tazer menu. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Probably need to update the tazer. Which reminds me I need to unmarry mine and plug it into my laptop to update it. I’m sure they’ve pushed out at least 1 update since I got it 8 months ago.

OP
OP

Kewlrobd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I checked that and there are no new updates since the last time I updated it.

OP
OP

Kewlrobd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Probably need to update the tazer. Which reminds me I need to unmarry mine and plug it into my laptop to update it. I’m sure they’ve pushed out at least 1 update since I got it 8 months ago.
You need to unmarry it before you update it? I am pretty sure in the past that I did not do that.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I actually pulled mine today for the same issue. Per Zautomotives directions I pulled the Tazer reconnected the wiring harnesses back to factory positions and disconnected booth batteries for a few minuets. This reset the truck to factory (I believe). Sending it back to Auto tomorrow. $50 for the fix.

It was a pain in the rump to disconnect the aux batterie. It is berried under the fuse box. I can link you to a goof video if you need to do the same. Good luck.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I actually pulled mine today for the same issue. Per Zautomotives directions I pulled the Tazer reconnected the wiring harnesses back to factory positions and disconnected booth batteries for a few minuets. This reset the truck to factory (I believe). Sending it back to Auto tomorrow. $50 for the fix.

It was a pain in the rump to disconnect the aux batterie. It is berried under the fuse box. I can link you to a goof video if you need to do the same. Good luck.
Sending it back to zautomotive? What cost $50?

Sponsored

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Yes. Sending it back to Zautomotive. $50 to repair it and ship it back to me. Shipping it to them is on me.
Do you think the jeep updat messed it up because the Tazer was married and plugged in during that update?

Last edited:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Do you think the jeep updat messed it up because the Tazer was married and plugged in during that update?
I do not. But to be honest that stuff is well beyond my reading comprehension.

At 1st I thought that the truck updated once it hooked up to my buddies wifi and that my taser was way out of date as far as updates go. Zauto walked me through what to do in an email. That did not resolve the issue. They then decided the Tazer had a glitch and told me to send it in for the fix.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
For some reason, I cant seem to get my taser to marry. I wanted to do my sway bar stuff and locker configuration. I have set my tire size and that was it when I picked up the JTRD a few weeks ago. Now that I am home I want to do the other stuff, but I can only go as far as the light show, and then it shows IGN On. How do I get to the marry unmarry screen again?
Sponsored