Sponsored

Can't Order 2021 anymore according to Local Sales manager...2022 orders still TBD.

DJPodratz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
The sales manager at my local Jeep dealer calls me today, they knew I was using the 2021 build sheet on line so she tried to sign me up for a 2021 build...I told her I prefer a 2022 Mohave as long as I can still get a light color interior (I believe it is called "steel gray" or something according to the '21 build tool on line). I also told her that if by some chance they cancel the light interior on the Mohave in 2022 I would like the opertunity to get the 2021 model.

So she called "Head-Quarters" to see when the transion happens and got back to me saying one can not order a 2021 anymore...Also, she said they don't know when the 2022 can be ordered exactly.

I hope to heck they keep a light colored interior on the Mohave in 2022, I've searched long and hard to find a "small-truck" where I could get a light interior and a "sun-roof" at the same time (both are a no-deal if they can't). Hence, that serch lead me here and I am thankful for that I'm set on the Mohave at this point. It is the right truck for me.

Has anyone else heard anything to confirm her 2021 comment (no more orders) or have any opinion when the 2022 build sheets will come out?
The sales manager at my local Jeep dealer calls me today, they knew I was using the 2021 build sheet on line so she tried to sign me up for a 2021 build...I told her I prefer a 2022 Mohave as long as I can still get a light color interior (I believe it is called "steel gray" or something according to the '21 build tool on line). I also told her that if by some chance they cancel the light interior on the Mohave in 2022 I would like the opertunity to get the 2021 model.

So she called "Head-Quarters" to see when the transion happens and got back to me saying one can not order a 2021 anymore...Also, she said they don't know when the 2022 can be ordered exactly.

I hope to heck they keep a light colored interior on the Mohave in 2022, I've searched long and hard to find a "small-truck" where I could get a light interior and a "sun-roof" at the same time (both are a no-deal if they can't). Hence, that serch lead me here and I am thankful for that I'm set on the Mohave at this point. It is the right truck for me.

Has anyone else heard anything to confirm her 2021 comment (no more orders) or have any opinion when the 2022 build sheets will come out?

I tried to order a 2021 back in early June, 2021. Dealer said "wait, you can order a 2022 shortly, they aren't taking orders for 2021s".

I went to another dealer and ordered the 2021. Accepted in 3 days, delivered in early September. Check with another dealer!

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Very interesting. I ordered an ecodiesel Gladiator on 9-06-21. My estimated ship date is 10-4-21. It is listed as a 2021 model year with VIN number assigned as of last week.
really that fast less than a month!!!!!!! Thats insane! I hope mine will be that fast. I ordered 9.7 for my JTRD

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Very interesting. I ordered an ecodiesel Gladiator on 9-06-21. My estimated ship date is 10-4-21. It is listed as a 2021 model year with VIN number assigned as of last week.
I was told by dealer, if you placed a 21 order, it will be a 21... the number won't magically change.... this is why I am waiting for the 22. Dealer mentioned 10/5 as the opening date .

Sponsored

Chetnik

First Name
Marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel Gladiator, BMW 135I (widebody)
Occupation
Automotive Industry
I'm sure the ship date is optimistic 🤣. Ill be happy if I get it before December!

really that fast less than a month!!!!!!! Thats insane! I hope mine will be that fast. I ordered 9.7 for my JTRD

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I "ordered" a 2021, but both my dealer and I know KNOW it will end up being a 2022.
Wanna bet?

Also you say the dealer will honor 2021 pricing if you get a 2022, which is cool. But you also say ‘it depends on pricing.’ So do you not have a firm order with a signed deal?

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I tried to order a 2021 back in early June, 2021. Dealer said "wait, you can order a 2022 shortly, they aren't taking orders for 2021s".

I went to another dealer and ordered the 2021. Accepted in 3 days, delivered in early September. Check with another dealer!
Probably a good idea, but...

I think they will keep the light-colored interior option in the Mojave for 2022. After all, the car is desert-rated, it gets hot out there :)...And I actully watched a vid yesterday of a Jeep Executive introducing the Mojave when it first came out and he actually talked about the light colored interior option because it is desert rated.

That is really my only concern, net-net, I rather have the 2022 becuse I have to believe they make at lest some quality tweeks year to year (no guarentee of course). A few more months wait is not critical for me, actually it helps my personal situation right now.
Sponsored