First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys, 2006 Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
retired
Here is what I found out with my 23 Gladiator. I would use up to about 1/8 to 1/4 of a full tank and then top off the tank again. I then filled it up one time and held the gas nozzle and tried to put more gas in it by clicking the nozzle 3 or 4 times. I normally just stopped it when the pump shut off the first time. Then I noticed that the indicator did not register full. It was somewhere between 7/8 and full. Again, I filled it up when it got to 3/4 of a tank. Same thing. It would not read full. So, I ran the tank down to about 1/4 of a tank and gassed it up and did not try to stuff more gas in it after the first shut off of the nozzle. Now it is reading at the full mark like it should, every time. I guess you can stuff too much gas in my Gladiator by clicking the nozzle over a few times after it first stops. It works perfect if you let it stop at the first automatic pump nozzle shut off. Now it reads accurately.
Hope I explained this correctly :whatsgoingon:
Evap hose in the tank hanging up the level sensor arm. At least that is how it was explained to me.
Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
There is a TSB ,14-006-23, that deals with the gauge not reading above 7/8s of a tank. They have to change out the fuel pump module and the fuel tank. Once they got mine straightened out this thing has the most accurate fuel mileage and range calculation, compared to hand calculated, that I've ever seen. I let the pump shut off by itself and don't top off.
Thanks! My 2022 Mojave (stolen) was perfect, will look into this TSB !!

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There is a TSB ,14-006-23, that deals with the gauge not reading above 7/8s of a tank. They have to change out the fuel pump module and the fuel tank. Once they got mine straightened out this thing has the most accurate fuel mileage and range calculation, compared to hand calculated, that I've ever seen. I let the pump shut off by itself and don't top off.
Finally. Mines been doing it since 15k miles. No one had had an idea. Now at 53k I’m likely screwed. Oh well.
Sponsored