Sponsored

Carhartt universal rear bench cover...anyone have them in your JT?

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Looking for some protection on my rear leather seats for when the dogs go up to the cabin with me. I found these Carhartts for a relatively decent price. Curious if anyone has these and how the fit and durability is?
Sponsored

JEEPmonkey

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1993 YJ
Occupation
RN
I've bought this for both my gladiators and was happy, about half the price and blends with my black cloth, also easy to take out and throw in the washer. Along with thinskinz on the doors it makes the back pretty durable for larger dogs.

https://a.co/d/6VcPv2G

Jeeper0122

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I had them in my 2018 Silverado, they were made by covercraft which is a reputable brand. The quality, clean ability and durability were exceptional. My only complaint was, in that truck, they were a pain to install since the seat backs did not fold.

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
I have the fitted versions on the back seats. So far haven't had any issues with them... And the dogs seem to love a bit more traction once the newness wears off.

Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Looking for some protection on my rear leather seats for when the dogs go up to the cabin with me. I found these Carhartts for a relatively decent price. Curious if anyone has these and how the fit and durability is?
Mine is on order and should arrive this Thursday 8/11. I'll post back with pics and impressions. Right now I have the Amazon "dog" version like others posted... I'm just looking for something a little more fitted.

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is on order and should arrive this Thursday 8/11.
Mine arrived as well so i'm planning to test fit them tonight. I'm not sure if i'll always leave them on or only put them on when the dogs are going with me.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
Yeah, I bought those and use them for the same reason - protecting the leather seat from dog damange. I use them with another cheapo hammock style on top of them to keep the dogs from jumping into the front seat, and like @JEEPmonkey I got the Thinkskinz door protection.

Honestly, the fit of the Carhartts isn't the best, but it works well enough. I'm currently debating doing a rear-seat delete, since to-date I've never had humans ride in the back seat, and the DIY seat delete solutions on this forum would give me and the doggos much more usable space.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
So I got mine today and I'm happy with it for $65. Seems to be $139 every where else except Amazon. (I would NOT pay $139 for this) It's not a custom fit as expected but it's still a decent fit especially for a mid-size truck... no way this would fit a full size.

The cover seems rugged and it's only real purpose for us is to protect the rear leather when we throw our camping gear / luggage on the back seat. No pets are anything too messy for us. I honestly wanted to to try this one out because the color matches my leather much better :)

The picture I took makes it look super wrinkled and not laying flat but I can tell you that it is laying nicely against the seat back and seating surface.

Pros:
- Durable material
- Cutouts for belt buckles and velcro access flap for center seat shoulder strap (yes we still have people sit in back occasionally)
- Very sturdy metal buckles/velcro straps
- Relatively "form fitted" for a mid-size truck bench seat; not as much bottom seat overhang flap and nothing to really tuck out of the way in terms of extra material
- Color match for me

Cons:
- Cutouts for seat buckles on bottom are rather large and I know I'll be vacuuming this area a lot more now vs my previous "dog" cover
- The side lower "bungee" straps with metal clip are useless as there's no great place to secure them (doesn't matter though unless you are really wanting to cinch the center drawstring)
- Top of cover wraps around edge of seat, thus covering the pull strap to fold the seat down. I like the coverage but you have to pull it back to access strap.

Overall I'll keep it and throw the other one in our car. Honestly, you'll probably get better lower seat protection from a cover that doesn't have the dedicated buckle cutouts (see Amazon pic). Hope this mirco review helps.

Jeep Gladiator Carhartt universal rear bench cover...anyone have them in your JT? 20220812_095817_001

Jeep Gladiator Carhartt universal rear bench cover...anyone have them in your JT? 20220812_101337

Jeep Gladiator Carhartt universal rear bench cover...anyone have them in your JT? 1660323126810

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I tried to install my universal Carhartt's yesterday and wow, what a PITA!! I've never seen so many straps, cords, etc. on a seat cover before. Wayyyy to loose for my liking so i'm back to the drawing boards. Need to find something that protects the seats from the dogs, but still allows 1 person to ride in the back (need seatbelt access).

Sponsored

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
Had one on for a couple of months now and have no problems with it. Not a perfect fit but works really well for $65.00 on Amazon. If you want a perfect fit it'll cost ya....

Tom

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the price was right and I love my Carhartt, but it was just so dang loose. I was more worried my dogs would get tangled up in it or if they acting crazy and whatnot they would just knock the cover off or pull it up.

I'll see how the cheap Amazon one works and go from there.

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
Might take a look at Caltrend.com
I have the rears only, let’s you use seats, belts, fold up, etc.
Duraplus is plenty good for dogs.
There are a lot of straps, but when adjusted tight, they look pretty good. They don’t have a lot of color options, but in the Duraplus there are 7.
Jeep Gladiator Carhartt universal rear bench cover...anyone have them in your JT? ABC29CFD-D045-4C39-BD3E-E4896F790E93
Jeep Gladiator Carhartt universal rear bench cover...anyone have them in your JT? 2480FEFF-ED32-48D3-864E-260260AEB41B
Jeep Gladiator Carhartt universal rear bench cover...anyone have them in your JT? 2480FEFF-ED32-48D3-864E-260260AEB41B

Ward

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Mojave
Occupation
retired
I purchased this cover based on your recommendation & am 100% satisfied. I installed it 4 days ago & our Golden Retriever has been a frequent occupant. Super easy to install & remove, wipes down easily. Most bang for the $ cover I've ever used. Many Thanks
Sponsored