Change oil soon prompt on dash display

JDMOE04

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Has any one had the prompt "change oil soon" come up on their dash display after ~3300 miles after first oil change?
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
To be clear, this popped up 3,300 miles after the first time you had the oil changed? If so, what was mileage at for first change? My guess, they didnā€™t reset the oil life monitor when they did the first change.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Did you use synthetic oil for your oil change? I think I remember reading in the manual that you can get that light when the viscosity of the oil reaches a certain level. I can't see that happening so soon with synthetic oil.

OP
OP

JDMOE04

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
To be clear, this popped up 3,300 miles after the first time you had the oil changed? If so, what was mileage at for first change? My guess, they didnā€™t reset the oil life monitor when they did the first change.
First change was roughly 3700. Dealer instructed me to do first one at around 3500, then every 7500 after that (full synthetic). So could see them not resetting, especially considering the dealership I went out of convenience.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Has any one had the prompt "change oil soon" come up on their dash display after ~3300 miles after first oil change?
It usually should not come up that soon, but the computer does monitor more than time and mileage. It's been far enough that I would go ahead and have it changed again.

Sponsored

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
First change was roughly 3700. Dealer instructed me to do first one at around 3500, then every 7500 after that (full synthetic). So could see them not resetting, especially considering the dealership I went out of convenience.
I just bought the oil and filter to do my first one at 2000.

Since the dealer says first at 3500 and every 7500 thereafter, I will do it at 2000 then every 5000.
I chose to do the first one myself even though I have 4 free ones awaiting me. Dealership oil changes scare the bejeebers outta me. They have some high-school kid doing it who is only thinking about his upcoming date with the cheerleader and whether he will get her out of her panties or not.................... Not about the accuracy of my oil change.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
3000 miles in 4 low is still a lot of engine revolution?? If one was crawling Iā€™d expect it to happen that soon

OP
OP

JDMOE04

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
I just checked, dipstick looks fine and my OLM is showing 5% life left? I think I may just go to an oil change shop and tell them to make sure and reset after. Do yā€™all think that the dealer may have just not reset the OLM?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
You say you have 7,000 miles on the truck, are 3,300 past first oil change, and onboard says 5% oil life left.

They didn't reset your oil life meter after oil change. You are close to 47% into your current oil life. Mark your mileage, reset your oil life meter, and somewhere around 10,000 - 10,500 miles on truck have your oil changed again. Once they change your oil and return truck to you, check your oil life meter and reset if needed.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I just bought the oil and filter to do my first one at 2000.

Since the dealer says first at 3500 and every 7500 thereafter, I will do it at 2000 then every 5000.
I chose to do the first one myself even though I have 4 free ones awaiting me. Dealership oil changes scare the bejeebers outta me. They have some high-school kid doing it who is only thinking about his upcoming date with the cheerleader and whether he will get her out of her panties or not.................... Not about the accuracy of my oil change.
Can't help but think it's pretty unlikely the grease monkey in the oil change bay is going to land a date with a cheerleader. More likely the cheerleaders are dating rich kids who don't have to work. And the grease monkey is wishing he could get a date with ANY girl. šŸ˜„ (OK, I'll stop being so snarky, but as I understand it, no kidding, the oil change kids are typically high school dropouts. )

Last edited:

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Well, I changed it today at 1,941 miles (in honor of Jeep launch date, ha) and I know many of you embrace the 5,000 or even 7,500 change but I gotta tell you that when that original oil came out it was as black and thick as tar. There is no way on earth that it is good to wait 5k plus to do your first change.

Now, y'all can rip me to pieces if you wish, but I saw that black oil coming out.

Just sayin'.......
Sponsored