Check engine light with less than 60 miles

swgladiator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just brought home a 2020 Gladiator, 3rd day at home the check engine light came on....not blinking. Notified my dealer who said to bring it in. Thought I would disconnect the battery in attempt to clear the code, the light came back on, after clearing, in about 50 more miles. Have yet to burn through first tank of gas mind you....just disconnected the battery again and this time no short term clearing, check engine light came on immediately. I have read the blogs so checked the gas cap.

is this what I should expect with Jeep ownership? Now I need to go get a repair order written to document, and am wondering if this is the beginning of a longer journey that ends badly?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you just got unlucky. I haven't heard of anyone having an issue like this.

OP
OP

swgladiator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Sounds like you just got unlucky. I haven't heard of anyone having an issue like this.
Dealership here in Richardson TX hooked it up and codes say multiple cylinder misfire, they relayed it could mean open heart surgery. Setting up a rental car for me as this may end up taking some time.

Such a cool truck, with such a quality issue, so early in ownership. Have yet to make a payment.....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'd make them give you another brand new one, or find one just like it at another dealer and have them bring it in, and redo your paperwork for the new VIN numbered vehicle. Only 60 miles and might need a new engine? Yeah, I'd be discussing with the GM of the dealership about getting me another brand new JT.

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
Dealership here in Richardson TX hooked it up and codes say multiple cylinder misfire, they relayed it could mean open heart surgery. Setting up a rental car for me as this may end up taking some time.

Such a cool truck, with such a quality issue, so early in ownership. Have yet to make a payment.....
there are multiple threads here on the misfire issue... u should take a look at those for reference (warning they all seem grim )

Sponsored

OP
OP

swgladiator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just brought home a 2020 Gladiator, 3rd day at home the check engine light came on....not blinking. Notified my dealer who said to bring it in. Thought I would disconnect the battery in attempt to clear the code, the light came back on, after clearing, in about 50 more miles. Have yet to burn through first tank of gas mind you....just disconnected the battery again and this time no short term clearing, check engine light came on immediately. I have read the blogs so checked the gas cap.

is this what I should expect with Jeep ownership? Now I need to go get a repair order written to document, and am wondering if this is the beginning of a longer journey that ends badly?

OP
OP

swgladiator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Okay got it home after 2 exhaust lifters were replaced on cylinder 2, but within 75 miles the check engine light is on again, flashing first with accompanied with start stop message saying it needs serviced. Also there is a misfire for sure still happening.

back to the dealership for round 2, now with 300 miles on the odometer.

1F334DF0-8EE5-4614-BA90-16CCF9F84E0C.jpeg

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @Jeepfan??,

This is certainly not the experience that we want our new Jeep owners to have. Please send us a private message with your VIN and dealer so that we can take a closer look and have a case escalated for additional support.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

oztek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Honda Pilot

There are a number of us who have this problem.
Check out this thread and others.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/survey-for-those-with-misfire-issues.24853/

They are replacing the engine on mine.

OP
OP

swgladiator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hi @Jeepfan??,

This is certainly not the experience that we want our new Jeep owners to have. Please send us a private message with your VIN and dealer so that we can take a closer look and have a case escalated for additional support.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Great thank you Darlene, is this private or is there another approach?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@Jeepfan??,

We are currently communicating on a public thread. To send us a private message, hover over our name and select "Start Conversation."

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored