Chips or electronic tuners for 2020 Mojave

Mhern2020

First Name
Big Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Has anybody tried to upgrade this engine with a hyper-style chip or programmer? Anyone have info on this?
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Livernois does an ecu tune. Some people have the Pulsar. The positive reviews on Livernois seem universal; and almost non existent on the Pulsar.

ive read one pulsar user saying the version 3 finally fixed the issues, but thats all ive seen.

Redwings1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1971 BB Corvette
Occupation
Sales
Livernois does an ecu tune. Some people have the Pulsar. The positive reviews on Livernois seem universal; and almost non existent on the Pulsar.

ive read one pulsar user saying the version 3 finally fixed the issues, but thats all ive seen.
I did the Livernois Reprogram of the ecm and trans. I cant say enough about how much better the truck drives from power to a ton better shifting. Highly recommend.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I did the Livernois Reprogram of the ecm and trans. I cant say enough about how much better the truck drives from power to a ton better shifting. Highly recommend.
Would you mind elaborating? What fuel are you running?
Thanks.

Redwings1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1971 BB Corvette
Occupation
Sales
Would you mind elaborating? What fuel are you running?
Thanks.
I'm running e-85 right now, can switch back to 93. It gave a ton more power, so that I don't mind driving daily to work. When I first got it and put 35's on, I thought I made a mistake buying the truck because it was such a pig. The shifting was horrible, hunting all the time rarely in 7th or 8th gear. They did the trans tune and it smoothed all that out, got rid of the 1500 rpm stumble everybody talks about. I've only driven it on e-85 which makes the most power but I understand 93 is also very good.

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard

I'm one of the guys with the Pulsar...I've talked about my experience in detail in several threads (search "programmer vs programmer" but here is a quick summary:

"I was one of the horror stories, but Edge/Superchips customer service is in my opinion one of the best. I am on my 3rd Pulsar (revision 3) and even had a try at the Traildash2 which was a nightmare for me. I put about 30,000 miles on the first two Pulsars and only a test drive on the TD2, I have almost 3,000 miles on the new Pulsar and so far, so good...I always liked it, but had random CEL, Traction Control and limp mode experiences with the first two. I could always clear them with either a shut off and wait a minute or with my scan tool. I have a Rubi with manual transmission, stock gears and 37's on 3.5" lift with a bunch of added weight from other mods...It is totally drivable. I like Tow the best as well...Performance definitely was nice with the 37's (never used it with my 35's) but doesn't justify the 91+ octane fuel. I always used Economy with my 35's unless I was actually towing. I went back to Economy the other day and it is still drivable with the 37's...I wind out 4th and 5th a little more than I used to, but with the reduction in RPMs from the 37's it all balances out.

I have a Gibson catback exhaust and throttle body spacer installed as well. I like me setup and a will not even think about a supercharger, but may consider 4.56 gears"

I am looking into Livernois, but my last experience with an ECU swap (TD2), didn't go well, so I am a little skeptical...Their numbers exceed the Pulsar though.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I'm one of the guys with the Pulsar...I've talked about my experience in detail in several threads (search "programmer vs programmer" but here is a quick summary:

"I was one of the horror stories, but Edge/Superchips customer service is in my opinion one of the best. I am on my 3rd Pulsar (revision 3) and even had a try at the Traildash2 which was a nightmare for me. I put about 30,000 miles on the first two Pulsars and only a test drive on the TD2, I have almost 3,000 miles on the new Pulsar and so far, so good...I always liked it, but had random CEL, Traction Control and limp mode experiences with the first two. I could always clear them with either a shut off and wait a minute or with my scan tool. I have a Rubi with manual transmission, stock gears and 37's on 3.5" lift with a bunch of added weight from other mods...It is totally drivable. I like Tow the best as well...Performance definitely was nice with the 37's (never used it with my 35's) but doesn't justify the 91+ octane fuel. I always used Economy with my 35's unless I was actually towing. I went back to Economy the other day and it is still drivable with the 37's...I wind out 4th and 5th a little more than I used to, but with the reduction in RPMs from the 37's it all balances out.

I have a Gibson catback exhaust and throttle body spacer installed as well. I like me setup and a will not even think about a supercharger, but may consider 4.56 gears"

I am looking into Livernois, but my last experience with an ECU swap (TD2), didn't go well, so I am a little skeptical...Their numbers exceed the Pulsar though.
i was looking closely and i dunno how much more it makes over Pulsar on 87 or 91. Its pretty close and the pulsar is making enough power to help the drive-ability with was my real goal. . The flex fuel tech is revolutionary for sure. I just didnt want to deal with dealer flashing/ecu swapping issues if i could avoid it.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
i was looking closely and i dunno how much more it makes over Pulsar on 87 or 91. Its pretty close and the pulsar is making enough power to help the drive-ability with was my real goal. . The flex fuel tech is revolutionary for sure. I just didnt want to deal with dealer flashing/ecu swapping issues if i could avoid it.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the unlocked ECM can be seen by the dealership...obviously you can take it in with the stock tune loaded, but if they know what to look for, I think they can tell if the ECM is unlocked. That is a nice thing about the Pulsar, put it back to stock, remove it and the dealer doesn't know...Edge did tell me that once you program for tire size, it will save that even if you go back to the stock tune and remove the Pulsar. I just sent Livernois an email to try to get more information because their site doesn't get that detailed in my opinion.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the unlocked ECM can be seen by the dealership...obviously you can take it in with the stock tune loaded, but if they know what to look for, I think they can tell if the ECM is unlocked. That is a nice thing about the Pulsar, put it back to stock, remove it and the dealer doesn't know...Edge did tell me that once you program for tire size, it will save that even if you go back to the stock tune and remove the Pulsar. I just sent Livernois an email to try to get more information because their site doesn't get that detailed in my opinion.
youre right. They can also see the discrepancy between mileage and start count From swapping ecu’s.

im not knocking livernois quality, but if my pulsar keeps staying the course im sticking with it. I like the piggyback model better for these reasons.
Sponsored