Clicking Noise front end

GladyT2020

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So brought MY JT to the dealer today due to a clicking noise which appeared to be in the front end. I've read the JL forum and I thought it might be the ball joints like some state is an issue on the JL. Well low and behold they checked everything and they don't know what's causing the issue. But they did hear it when i drove the tech around so they called chrysler for guidance (WTF) and a possible solution. My JT has 5000 miles on it and a whole bunch of accessories i hope they figure this out because I don't want to have to do this all over again. Anyone else have the clicking issue?
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
What mods have you done to the front end, specifically suspension, wheels/tires, etc

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
A nail in your tire...

OP
OP

GladyT2020

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
After 7 days at the dealer they diagnosed it as the rubber bushings between the cab and the bed. The parts are on order and I have to go back to have them swapped out. They used microphones to pinpoint it and swapped out different suspension parts with no luck. So fingers crossed this works.

DesertShot

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon JT (White)
Any closout on this? The past few times out wheeling, I have noticed a clicking when the drivetrain alternates from accelerate/decelerate in 4low only. It is a light click, noticeable when change from D to R, or when the trans shifts or I am cruising in 4low at a slight downhill grade to control descent w/o brakes. In the last scenario, it is still obviously when lash or slack is bouncing back and forth somewhere in the front.

I am convinced it is in the t-case for 2 reasons:
1.) It is not reproducible in 2hi or 4hi, even with the intent to slack and lash the gears to reporduce the sound.
2.) It is only noticeable it 4low, under the 4:1 torque shift.

I had a buddy listen underneath while I recreated the sound for him for a few minutes. He also says it is from the t-case. I will get under the truck tomorrow and rotate the shafts and look for this rubber bushing. My buddy, while under the truck, made not of how much physical twist the t-case experienced while in 4low, so it makes sense that the problem could be a bushing of some sort, clicking/slapping while in 4 low due to the twist the entire assembly experiences.

Sponsored

3Dirty

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Sting Gray
Any closout on this? The past few times out wheeling, I have noticed a clicking when the drivetrain alternates from accelerate/decelerate in 4low only. It is a light click, noticeable when change from D to R, or when the trans shifts or I am cruising in 4low at a slight downhill grade to control descent w/o brakes. In the last scenario, it is still obviously when lash or slack is bouncing back and forth somewhere in the front.

I am convinced it is in the t-case for 2 reasons:
1.) It is not reproducible in 2hi or 4hi, even with the intent to slack and lash the gears to reporduce the sound.
2.) It is only noticeable it 4low, under the 4:1 torque shift.

I had a buddy listen underneath while I recreated the sound for him for a few minutes. He also says it is from the t-case. I will get under the truck tomorrow and rotate the shafts and look for this rubber bushing. My buddy, while under the truck, made not of how much physical twist the t-case experienced while in 4low, so it makes sense that the problem could be a bushing of some sort, clicking/slapping while in 4 low due to the twist the entire assembly experiences.
Hi ... were you able to solve your click noise? I experienced exact issue, only in 4Lo as well

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
I had a friend with a clicking noise from the right front and it ended up being a bushing or something like that in the front axle. I know it wasn't a bearing or a balljoint, but some plastic piece. After his was fixed, I could swear I read a thread about it somewhere on here but I don't remember what section it's in.
Sponsored