Cloth avail now....steel bumper not!

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
If then, $700 for Bumper, $200 for Plates, that's $900. Plus the OEM bumper is probably worth $150 used when you sell it, so now you have $1050 to work with. And again, if its going to delay your order, aftermarket might be the right solution.
Don't get me wrong, my order has the steel bumper, but if I was told it was going to delay delivery I would opt out of the steel bumper in a heartbeat.
I'll take every factory steel bumper you can come up with for $150, they go for $500-750 used in my area.. The powder coating on my wife's hard rock bumper has held up better than the AEV powder coat on mine and you'd be hard pressed to find better quality in the aftermarket than AEV...

Sponsored

block

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jk
looks like it makes you get the led light package if you get the steel bumper correct ? i want the bumper but not the leds for 1000 bucks

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I'll take every factory steel bumper you can come up with for $150, they go for $500-750 used in my area.. The powder coating on my wife's hard rock bumper has held up better than the AEV powder coat on mine and you'd be hard pressed to find better quality in the aftermarket than AEV...
I was referring to the plastic bumper being $150

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
looks like it makes you get the led light package if you get the steel bumper correct ? i want the bumper but not the leds for 1000 bucks
The LED package is actually quite a lot of lights and IMO worth it vs aftermarket. If you’re getting below invoice pricing it’s an even better deal. Plus you get to amortize it all into your loan ...

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was referring to the plastic bumper being $150
Gotcha, yeah plastic ones can be found in the trash or along the road sides, lol..

Seriously though, the factory steel bumper IMO is a good deal. Not many other options out there that give you a choice of full width or stubby with only a few bolts and a finish that is probably unmatched in quality by anything in the aftermarket. With that being said, I’ll probably switch out to a set of AEV’s later this year anyhow.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, yeah plastic ones can be found in the trash or along the road sides, lol..

Seriously though, the factory steel bumper IMO is a good deal. Not many other options out there that give you a choice of full width or stubby with only a few bolts and a finish that is probably unmatched in quality by anything in the aftermarket. With that being said, I’ll probably switch out to a set of AEV’s later this year anyhow.
I'm glad to hear you say that since I've got it as part of the build already. I agree with you. I'm curious which winch they had in mind when they said it's "winch-ready". I wonder if they just mean that it can structurally support the winch or if they mean there's a winch they can just slip in there without any other parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I'm glad to hear you say that since I've got it as part of the build already. I agree with you. I'm curious which winch they had in mind when they said it's "winch-ready". I wonder if they just mean that it can structurally support the winch or if they mean there's a winch they can just slip in there without any other parts.
The bumper itself just spans the width of the end of the frame rails and structurally could not support a winch. A plate or "cradle" is needed to support the actual weight of the winch and ties the frame rails together and makes a very strong brace. Winch ready or capable means that it is a modular bumper and there are 2 plates that are removable. The top one covers where the winch will bow go and the front plate is removed for fairlead placement. Most mounts come with the front plate needed to mount the fairlead into the factory steel bumper.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
How would that work? seems like a diverse combo
It would work awesomely!
Pure electric for my daily commute, Turbo 3.0L Gas engine for my towing/long drives.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, its a tad misleading as "winch ready" definitely implies that it is ready to install, just add winch. But unfortunately it still requires a winch plate to be able to bolt the winch onto it. There are several out there in the $150-300 range but some are better than others, just check reviews before buying. I saw one brand, JCR I think, that a few people bent the plate during use. I personally ordered a Warn for my Gladiator at $260..

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, its a tad misleading as "winch ready" definitely implies that it is ready to install, just add winch. But unfortunately it still requires a winch plate to be able to bolt the winch onto it. There are several out there in the $150-300 range but some are better than others, just check reviews before buying. I saw one brand, JCR I think, that a few people bent the plate during use. I personally ordered a Warn for my Gladiator at $260..

Link to the Warn unit?