First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
On the road to Texas for the move. Stopped at Amarillo for first night, had a flat on the trailer right at the hotel. The JT barely fits on the transport trailer, but with tires larger than 35", it won't fit.

IMG_20240505_210923_236.jpg

IMG_20240506_190903.jpg

PXL_20240506_013819555.jpg

PXL_20240507_015502080.jpg
Sponsored

SightsOfIron

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
On the road to Texas for the move. Stopped at Amarillo for first night, had a flat on the trailer right at the hotel. The JT barely fits on the transport trailer, but with tires larger than 35", it won't fit.

Jeep Gladiator Colorado or Front Range Gladiator owners PXL_20240507_015502080

think it was the weight of the jeep? Probably shitty tires too

johnchabin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 1993 FD3S
Occupation
Engineer
Good luck in your new location!

Where in Texas?

Sponsored

SightsOfIron

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Hello all,

My rubicon came with 37s and i am unsure if there was a regear done or not. So first question is, how can i check to see what im running?

My second question is, and it may answer the first, is that I borrowed a buddy's camper and i felt the truck searching for gears on the slightest of inclines. With surface level research, I believe it's because I'm towing on bigger tires/lift with stock gears. Does this sound right?

3rd question, i know altitude plays its part in the mechanics of it all, in that case, what would be people's recommendations of gear ratio, brand, shops that would install in the front range?

Some info to know, this is my daily driver, city and highway. I go to the mountains often. I will be using a camping trailer in the near future for (I hope) many trips.

appreciate any help

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Hello all,

My rubicon came with 37s and i am unsure if there was a regear done or not. So first question is, how can i check to see what im running?

My second question is, and it may answer the first, is that I borrowed a buddy's camper and i felt the truck searching for gears on the slightest of inclines. With surface level research, I believe it's because I'm towing on bigger tires/lift with stock gears. Does this sound right?

3rd question, i know altitude plays its part in the mechanics of it all, in that case, what would be people's recommendations of gear ratio, brand, shops that would install in the front range?

Some info to know, this is my daily driver, city and highway. I go to the mountains often. I will be using a camping trailer in the near future for (I hope) many trips.

appreciate any help
Definitely a question for @WILDHOBO.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

appreciate any help
Sending you a pm. I use mine in exactly this way, including the trailer.
Sponsored