Sponsored

Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators!

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I was out and about all weekend checking out the Parade of Homes and wow, the number of Gladiators has really grown in the last few months. Especially when it comes to the customized ones. I think I saw about 11 or so including @WarRaveyn only knew it was him because of the stickers on the hood. I also saw a couple of crytal grey Gladiators that were lifted with some big big tires on them. Saw what I thought was a Gator that had a full rack on the back that went over top of the hard top. Looked like it might have been a custom fabricated rack. Good to see the community growing in the area!
Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah...I too live in Peyton, CO (East Colorado Springs) and have noticed a growing number. I bought mine ~8 weeks ago - since then I've noticed three neighbors with'em.

If you see a Gobi Mojave on Meridian Rd, give me a shout!
Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200723_145951

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Got mine a year ago. Then it was very few sightings at first but now we will see one nearly daily when driving across town. Fun :)

Heres mine—one of the only ones in the area with a cap so I get a lot of comments.

Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 99503A5D-2E6E-4274-8E39-4969F87B54FF

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah...I too live in Peyton, CO (East Colorado Springs) and have noticed a growing number. I bought mine ~8 weeks ago - since then I've noticed three neighbors with'em.

If you see a Gobi Mojave on Meridian Rd, give me a shout!
Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 99503A5D-2E6E-4274-8E39-4969F87B54FF
Havent seen a Mojave in person yet—how do you like it? Love the color!

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Havent seen a Mojave in person yet—how do you like it? Love the color!
Love it! I've always wanted a Jeep but always needed a truck. Now, I get to have both! Pulled the trigger a bit earlier than planned in order to get the Gobi without leather...that combo seemed hard to find. Anyway, really glad I did.

What topper is that? Looks good on there and seems to fit really well. I was under the impression there aren't many available for the Gladiator yet. Great combo!

Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love it! I've always wanted a Jeep but always needed a truck. Now, I get to have both! Pulled the trigger a bit earlier than planned in order to get the Gobi without leather...that combo seemed hard to find. Anyway, really glad I did.

What topper is that? Looks good on there and seems to fit really well. I was under the impression there aren't many available for the Gladiator yet. Great combo!
I felt the same way. One day I decided it was time to get a truck last fall. Test drove the Tacoma then the Gladiator and it was game over!

The topper is the RLD Designs Cap. If you want to get a quote for one, call Lee at Altitude Industries at 720-399-6274. He was ez to work with and did a free installation for me at his shop. Let him know I referred you! I think I was one of the first Gen 2 caps he installed there.

dirtlimo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
I felt the same way. One day I decided it was time to get a truck last fall. Test drove the Tacoma then the Gladiator and it was game over!

The topper is the RLD Designs Cap. If you want to get a quote for one, call Lee at Altitude Industries at 720-399-6274. He was ez to work with and did a free installation for me at his shop. Let him know I referred you! I think I was one of the first Gen 2 caps he installed there.

Love the topper (and the JT:) and I think I am very close to pulling the trigger. Does the top have rails built in?

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the topper (and the JT:) and I think I am very close to pulling the trigger. Does the top have rails built in?
THX! The topper does not have rails. There is some structure to the sheet metal in the roof for rigidity to have rails mounted internally or more commonly on top. There are 3 holes in each of the two structural ribs where you can bolt on rails. I'm more inclined to add internal rails to hang things up out of the way since I don't want to be any taller.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I have noticed a ton more driving around too! Still not too many other Gators though, so that's kind of cool too, having a more unique one :jk:

I'll be replacing the Rebel Offroad Full Height rack I have currently with the RSI Smartcap next month when it arrives :rock: If anyone is interested in the rack, I'll be selling it for a good price one the cap arrives!

Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200503_155511
Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200704_135141

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I have noticed a ton more driving around too! Still not too many other Gators though, so that's kind of cool too, having a more unique one :jk:

I'll be replacing the Rebel Offroad Full Height rack I have currently with the RSI Smartcap next month when it arrives :rock: If anyone is interested in the rack, I'll be selling it for a good price one the cap arrives!

Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200704_135141
Yes sir, I believe I would be interested! What is the load bearing capacity as I'd be looking at putting a tent on it?

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Yes sir, I believe I would be interested! What is the load bearing capacity as I'd be looking at putting a tent on it?
This thing could hold virtually anything you put on it - I believe the sides of the truck bed would give out before the actual rack would. I have a Roofnest Eagle hard shell rooftop tent that I've used many times up there for my wife and I with zero issues; don't even know its up there when driving.

Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200607_195302
Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200711_164509
Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200607_135621
Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200607_184943
Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200629_182339

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
This thing could hold virtually anything you put on it - I believe the sides of the truck bed would give out before the actual rack would. I have a Roofnest Eagle hard shell rooftop tent that I've used many times up there for my wife and I with zero issues; don't even know its up there when driving.

Jeep Gladiator Colorado Springs - Hopping Weekend for Gladiators! 20200629_182339
Man...that looks like a great setup. What makes you want to change racks? I assume you got the full height cause you we planning for that particular tent?

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Man...that looks like a great setup. What makes you want to change racks? I assume you got the full height cause you we planning for that particular tent?
So, I had wanted to get a cap for the bed from day one, but the one I liked the best (the RSI Smartcap) was not available for quite a while when I got my Gladiator, so I decided to get a rack to allow us to use the tent in the meantime since we use the tent a lot during the summer.

I have actually thought a few times about keeping the rack and not spending the money on the topper because I have really loved this rack and it has worked very well for everything we've done. My wife really wants to have a topper though and we did already put a deposit down for the Smartcap so I think we will just go ahead with that like we planned.

It was definitely tempting to save the money though and stick with this setup, haha.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
So, I had wanted to get a cap for the bed from day one, but the one I liked the best (the RSI Smartcap) was not available for quite a while when I got my Gladiator, so I decided to get a rack to allow us to use the tent in the meantime since we use the tent a lot during the summer.

I have actually thought a few times about keeping the rack and not spending the money on the topper because I have really loved this rack and it has worked very well for everything we've done. My wife really wants to have a topper though and we did already put a deposit down for the Smartcap so I think we will just go ahead with that like we planned.

It was definitely tempting to save the money though and stick with this setup, haha.
Cool...it's good to have a plan. PM me when you have decided on a price. I would also like to link up and take a look. I'm in Falcon...

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Cool...it's good to have a plan. PM me when you have decided on a price. I would also like to link up and take a look. I'm in Falcon...
Sounds good!

We are expecting the Smartcap to arrive sometime in the second half of October probably. I'm happy to let you take a look at it too if you are ever down in the Springs (I'm on the west side, right outside of downtown). If you end up being interested I'd be happy to have you swing by and we can just unbolt it from my Jeep and pop it right onto yours - would save a lot of time over putting it together.

Anyways, I will keep you updated as we get closer to mid-October - and like I said, feel free to reach out if you are ever in town and want to stop by and take a look at it! Would be happy to meet somewhere closer to you too if you don't come down to the Springs much.
Sponsored