Sponsored

Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment).

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
I'm looking at aftermarket LED DRL/turn signals but they all say will not fit Sport or Sport S. I can see differences in the fenders on some models but the lights look identical. What am I missing?
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 20220327_150906
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 20220327_150545
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 20220327_150538
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 20220327_150448
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 20220327_122010
Sponsored

OP
OP
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Top to bottom 20 Sport, 22 Mojave, 22 Sport, 22 Rubicon and my 22 Sport S.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Which aftermarket signals are you looking into? Some are built around the full fender shape/width which will vary from sport to Rubicon/Mojave.

OP
OP
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which aftermarket signals are you looking into? Some are built around the full fender shape/width which will vary from sport to Rubicon/Mojave.
Looking at both the Morimoto and theses.
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). ledl

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Looking at both the Morimoto and theses.
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). ledl
I have these lights and love them. So there’s 3 different Turn/DRL housings; the solid yellow turn/night light, the dual halogen setup (turn signal inside, DRL outside), and then LED (DRL on top Turn on Bottom). Those lights only work with the middle 2-bulb style with halogen turn signal and DRL which is the ones that you posted photos all have. (Attached are before and after photos)

42CC0BBF-B62B-4104-A686-7E0BDFCBA3D4.jpeg

339B15AF-6315-410B-8FA9-535475F97FF1.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I figured there must be something I was missing, I've never seen the solid yellow turn/night. Makes sense that the first one even if it was the same dimensons (which I have no idea if it does) wouldn't have the wiring for the DRL feature so it wouldn't work. How long have you had your lights? Any problems? I already have a Tazer so changing my setting to LED isn't a problem.

OP
OP
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have these lights and love them. So there’s 3 different Turn/DRL housings; the solid yellow turn/night light, the dual halogen setup (turn signal inside, DRL outside), and then LED (DRL on top Turn on Bottom). Those lights only work with the middle 2-bulb style with halogen turn signal and DRL which is the ones that you posted photos all have. (Attached are before and after photos)

Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 339B15AF-6315-410B-8FA9-535475F97FF1

Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 339B15AF-6315-410B-8FA9-535475F97FF1
Looks good!

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Thanks! I figured there must be something I was missing, I've never seen the solid yellow turn/night. Makes sense that the first one even if it was the same dimensons (which I have no idea if it does) wouldn't have the wiring for the DRL feature so it wouldn't work. How long have you had your lights? Any problems? I already have a Tazer so changing my setting to LED isn't a problem.
I’ve had those lights installed for well over a year now with no issues at all. I love how distinctive they are especially at night. I don’t have a tazer or anything, so I just used metal zip ties for the capacitors, and tied them around some metal supports behind the fender liner to act as a heat sink.

Sponsored

suchacrisis

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys Gladiator
Just to clarify before I drop money. I ordered 22 Willys with painted fenders. They're halogen lights, but as long as they have the DRL on the outside, I am good to replace them with whatever led light(like morimoto) I want right?

If so, I feel these light companies should make things more clear instead of just a blanket "No sport models will work"

OP
OP
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed these on my Sport S today.
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 20220409_174247

Here's what I had stock.
Jeep Gladiator Confused about fenders and DRL/turn signals (Sport or Sport S fitment). 20220327_122010

If your stock lights are the same as mine then I'd think you're good to go.

JD101

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon , 2021 JLU
There is this option also . Plug and play sequential . I did not remove the second step of the fender and still have the oem liners installed also . Looks pretty darn clean . They have both Rubicon and non Rubicon fitments.

IMG_20220104_152350859_HDR.jpg

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Here's a comparison pic of the 2 OEM halogen fender light types. The top pic is the base model halogen fender light on sport trims. The lower one is the version that comes on Sport S, Willys Sport, and other higher trims. The mopar LED fender light is the third type but has identical size/shape to the second image. If you have the base sport one, your options are more limited with aftermarket versions as it's not a common trim and has different dimensions than the DRL one. If you have the halogen DRL one (with separate turn/DRL bulbs), almost all aftermarket lights work.

Note that any aftermarket lights that require you to "chop" or separate the fenders (base sport fenders can't be separated) and include a new fender brace to support the chopped fender will require you to choose whether you have the base fenders (sport S/overland type) or the "high top" fenders (Rubicon/Mojave) that sit higher on the fender and require a different brace than the base fenders.

fenders comparison.PNG
Sponsored