Status
Not open for further replies.

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
Not true. LMGTFY
Neither Suzuki nor Isuzu were successful in their lawsuits. Suzuki sued CR for $60M. It was dismissed. Suzuki appealed. Before the appeal trial they settled with no monetary award.

Isuzu tried to jump on the bandwagon. Consumers Union won a jury trial in April 2000 over that lawsuit, which claimed that CR rigged a test so that the Trooper SUV would be prone to tip up.

https://tinyurl.com/va953zz

https://tinyurl.com/s7rvg2f

Finally, according to Wikipedia: "Over the years, over 200 Suzuki Samurai rollover lawsuits have been settled, and Suzuki's own expert witnesses testified the automaker was aware of 213 deaths and 8,200 injuries involving Suzuki Samurai rollovers."
I stand corrected. I bought a brand new 1988 Samurai back in the day and I never ever came close to rolling it. I guess some people weren't as lucky.
Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Yep and part of the reason I don't even bother with those types of surveys. Sort of like ordering something on Amazon and leaving a review as soon as you open the package.

I get that people want to know as much as possible, but when something is brand new you're going to have to give it some time.

As a side note, 5 years is/was plenty of time for a head coach.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Predicted reliability on a first year vehicle has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read.
Yeah, it’s like JD powers “initial quality” awards they hand out. Completely worthless.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I've had both of these vehicles and this article is obviously written by a greenhorn marketing person with zero real world information ...

Tacomas have been bad on reliability and owner satisfaction for a "long time" ??? HUH !!! I honestly don't know anyone who has had poor reliability of a Tacoma and every one I've ever met loves that truck ... This is just uninformed drivel ...

I now have a Gladiator ... And she aint perfect either but I love it ... And "predicted" reliability ? What the heck is that ? And oh, it had a rear end from a RAM ... Whoopie doo ? And according to this article, it makes the ride better than a tacoma .. They both ride like trucks .. Who gives a rip ...

I've seen articles from "motorbiscuit" before and IMHO they all sound like a group of recent marketing grads in a loft somewhere, sitting on bouncy balls while sipping on Keurig carmel latte and sucking on a ginseng root ...

I'm always weary of these internet content houses that take articles written by someone else who has invested money and time in having an infrastructure in which they can do research or form opinions and does a cut/paste while sprinkling on some marketing 101 mumbo jumbo and then ends the "piece" by saying, "none of this really matters and you should test drive both" ...

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yeah, it’s like JD powers “initial quality” awards they hand out. Completely worthless.
Initial Quality at least makes some sense... it measures the manufacturing QC and defects as it's the first 90 days of ownership. It's measuring something that is defined even if it really doesn't hold value in the long term.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I've had both of these vehicles and this article is obviously written by a greenhorn marketing person with zero real world information ...

Tacomas have been bad on reliability and owner satisfaction for a "long time" ??? HUH !!! I honestly don't know anyone who has had poor reliability of a Tacoma and every one I've ever met loves that truck ... This is just uninformed drivel ...

I now have a Gladiator ... And she aint perfect either but I love it ... And "predicted" reliability ? What the heck is that ? And oh, it had a rear end from a RAM ... Whoopie doo ? And according to this article, it makes the ride better than a tacoma .. They both ride like trucks .. Who gives a rip ...

I've seen articles from "motorbiscuit" before and IMHO they all sound like a group of recent marketing grads in a loft somewhere, sitting on bouncy balls while sipping on Keurig carmel latte and sucking on a ginseng root ...

I'm always weary of these internet content houses that take articles written by someone else who has invested money and time in having an infrastructure in which they can do research or form opinions and does a cut/paste while sprinkling on some marketing 101 mumbo jumbo and then ends the "piece" by saying, "none of this really matters and you should test drive both" ...
Yea I generally agree- I also like the Tacoma and it’s reliability is generally legendary. Me likes the Toyota as well and all my neighbors have had one.
As far as internet houses and content especially from motorbiscuit-
I also just peruse they’re output and generally leave it at that.
None the less it’s interesting on their take and the push of that articles content..... no??

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ

We predict that consumers will hate the midsize pickup they keep buying in droves, have made #1 in segment for well over a decade, and is always top-2 industry-wide in resale value because... people hate it so much?

I had a Tacoma too and I loved that truck. There were a few things I didn't like that are personal preference (seating position, payload, and the SFA) that made the Gladiator more of what I wanted but it was a truck I never worried about. My JT has not instilled that confidence as much as I love it too.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I think the last time I used CR was way way back when I was looking for my first microwave :)

As for Jeep.... I am now on my 4th...never had any serious problems with anyone beyond normal wear and tear.. all but the JK had close to 200k when I got rid of them. Even the few things I did have to have repair were "cheap" considering the cost of parts.

I know it early to tell for my JTR....but just at 15000 miles and almost year to the date since picking her up....not a single issue...beyond some hickups with the Uconnect which fix themselves after a reboot or two. Listening to folks at work talk about the # of times they have been to dealer for something or the other for their Toyotas, Hondas, etc during their first year....my first year of ownership has perhaps been the best of any new vehicle I have ever had.

Sponsored

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HB Mojave
Occupation
Professional Over Complicator
I owned a 2020 JL Rubicon and can affirm in my case the 2021 Mojave I now own is better built both in fit and finish and quality.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
2012 JK and 2014 JKU, 60k miles between the two of them, only issue was axle seal leak on JKU covered under warranty. I agree the JT seems to be better quality than the previous versions.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Unfortunately I feel we are too far gone these days on any objective “reports”. Too much influence by specific players to craft a true message it seems. As well as a high level of variables that may be present in the testing.

I liken this to looking for reviews online. Great reviews on something, then BAM there is one person that would give that thing a negative star if they could.

I can pick up 10 things and 9 seem to differ. And these days, it seems everyone has an opinion. and yes, this is my opinion.

Cars have come a long way since say the 70s and quality. There is the occasional non six sigma hiccup every once in a while. As said before. It’s manufacturing.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, all automakers have quality and dealer issues, but the data is pretty consistent: FCA is significantly worse than the others.

FCA sits at the bottom of the quality and customer service charts, no matter which company does the study. And it’s been down there for years.

To make matters worse, inept dealers can turn any minor problem into a real tragedy.

Let’s face it, Jeeps are so much fun, that we are willing to put up with inconsistent quality and crummy dealers.

Nothing says “Sense of Adventure” louder than that! :LOL:

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Consumer Reports typically hates the Jeep Wrangler. They don’t get it.

Motor Trend is also a hater, their tester will probably drive an Koenigsegg Regera

Then be tasked with driving the Jeep and follow up with a race track run in a Ferrari. Guess what, they are going to hate the Jeep. 🤣

B4266E49-1061-4CAC-BFD4-852AE683AD1F.jpeg

2776DAA1-05DF-4B94-A568-75C85585D219.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.